Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

introducing... GoDaddy's "CashParking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameMatters said:
May be I can send them a C&D letter for a change this time! LOL.

thanks,

You should! You have commonlaw trademark rights like everyone else.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why anybody would use godaddy is beyond me.. Everything about their site annoys me.. the 20 step checkout.. the annoying transfer process etc

March2005

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think that GoDaddy it is an OK company.

However, it is not a great company for a full time domainer who has many names and is registering available names often.

It is also not a great company for someone who needs lots of help learning how to do things or is new to the Internet.

I would recommend GoDaddy to friends or family members of mine for certain uses, but I would help them wade through the ordering process so that they only get the things that they need.

One good think about the company is that they try to get better and they somewhat often have software updates, new ideas, and products (although many of them are of low value to me as a customer).

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its like at a restaurant when they wont stop asking if you want fried or a salad or a side order.. thats what godaddy reminds me of lol

Yes i suppose my opinion is different to the mom and dad domainer.. i did used to have 1000 or so domains with godaddy many years ago.. but yes it has never been good for large portfolios.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i tried the "cashparking" and it is by far the worst parking program i've ever seen.

the optimization and targeting sucks. no relevant ads were being displayed, just the generic portal landing page... plus it's so plain and ugly. so that sucked. not to mention the stats, which are 48 hours behind. and the reports only show the revenue, no visitor count, cpc, etc. they have a long way to go... maybe they will improve down the road.

but right now, it's really a joke. i pulled my names already.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cashparking is parking for grannies, and the rest of the silver surfing blue rinse brigade.

I dub thee CRASHparking. In nòmine Patris, et Fìlii et Spìritus Sancti.

D

Dude_S

Newbie here. I kind of stumbled into this whole topic today when I was looking for something to do with a few unused domains I have.

Now, they are with Godaddy and I was wondering why you guys think GD is bad. I mean it's quite cluttered - anything beyond that?

I also checked out eNom that was mentioned here. It seems they charge $29.95 for a .com registration?? You guys are raving about them, but are you telling me you're paying that much for hundreds of domains? What makes them worth more than three times the price of GD (8.95)?

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they charge people who will pay $29.95 that price.. they charge serious domain owners $6.95.

Even if go daddy was $4 per year i wouldnt move my portfolio there, any names i have purchased from people that are registered with godaddy, i move away as soon as i can.

D

Dude_S

typeins said:
they charge people who will pay $29.95 that price.. they charge serious domain owners $6.95.
How do you get that price? I don't see any bulk pricing or something like that on their site...
typeins said:
Even if go daddy was $4 per year i wouldnt move my portfolio there, any names i have purchased which are with godaddy, i move away as soon as i can.
But why? Anything I should be afraid about?

xtc

Inactive User
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mike031 said:
i tried the "cashparking" and it is by far the worst parking program i've ever seen.

the optimization and targeting sucks. no relevant ads were being displayed, just the generic portal landing page... plus it's so plain and ugly. so that sucked. not to mention the stats, which are 48 hours behind. and the reports only show the revenue, no visitor count, cpc, etc. they have a long way to go... maybe they will improve down the road.

but right now, it's really a joke. i pulled my names already.

Couldn't have said it any better myself, you've hit the nail on the head. I'll probably leave one name there to recoup the costs on this joker.

Malaysia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have to pay them in order to park..hmm weird

jimbaggs

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Joeylny said:
have to pay them in order to park..hmm weird

You've got to understand Parson's mindset. For years now he's been able monetize (I use the term loosely) other people's traffic without them really being knowledgeable about it. They weren't using their domains, they were simply "parked". So now in his mind he's doing these same people a big favor by agreeing to share the revenue, IF they'll pay for the privilage. Why should he give it away?

The more you pay the bigger share of the pie you'll get. And to the overall sort of customer he has who do nothing with their names anyway this may seem like a good deal. Some of them are going to LOVE him for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom