Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Introducing the New Sedo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

BELLC1

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received an offer today for a domain. It was well below what I was expecting or what I've been offered previously, but for the briefest of moments, I thought, "What if I put this on auction? Would it bring added value?"

So I started looking for the auctions on the Home page. And I kept looking. And then I realized it was under a sub-screen called Market Activity.

I knew right then that since I had to hunt for it that putting it up for auction was not the best move and it's best just letting the offer expire. I must admit, I am disappointed with the new look.

I wonder if SEDO has also seen a drop in revenue from their new look?

I really do not see any benefit to the changes from the user's point of view.

Last edited:

Mike Cruz

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Noticed a "View Market Activity" button on the front page of SEDO today. Smart move SEDO!

Lol, the fact that you just found that now shows how bad the new design really is. That has been there since the new design was released.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am still not used to the new design, it's messy and I keep forgetting where the different sections of the site are located. Before the redesign I could navigate Sedo blindfolded.

Oh, and why can't we land directly at the "market activity" page when we go to www.sedo.com? :(

DomainName

Live, Eat, Breathe Names
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lol, the fact that you just found that now shows how bad the new design really is. That has been there since the new design was released.

That shows you how long I've been away from SEDO...mainly due to the new layout. Thought I would give them a try today and noticed the "View Market Activity" button. I'd have to agree with PCP though...why not allow visitors to land directly at the "market activity" page.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously many domainers think the same as we do and refrain from putting domains in auction simply because of the lack of exposure.

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
who knows, but it has become clear that sedo does not care what anyone thinks. They spent $10 on their new redesign and they ain't turning back.

I am sure there revenue has decreased dramatically for people who would purchase the featured listing's.

DomainName

Live, Eat, Breathe Names
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Obviously many domainers think the same as we do and refrain from putting domains in auction simply because of the lack of exposure.

I just noticed that when you log into sedo, there is a link that lets you place the Market Activity as your homepage now. Link can be found in the "Market Activity section...once logged into your account.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that when you log into sedo, there is a link that lets you place the Market Activity as your homepage now. Link can be found in the "Market Activity section...once logged into your account.

Oh. Good observation.

Well, this changes everything then. ;)

Mike Cruz

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Oh. Good observation.

Well, this changes everything then. ;)

It changes for domainers, but not for new members or end users who will still have to figure everything out and search for this feature :/

DomainName

Live, Eat, Breathe Names
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
also noticed that the page is refreshing every couple minutes, which is a plus...I'm actually liking this new layout...NOW that the market activity is set to my main page.

---------- Post added at 01:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 PM ----------

It changes for domainers, but not for new members or end users who will still have to figure everything out and search for this feature :/

End-Users don't care about the auctions...they're on sedo for one purpose and that is to get a specific name they want. They could care less about any auctions that are ending. New members...well..they will eventually find it just as I did today...I haven't been on the site literally since they made the facelift.

mindthegap

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I am new here but a long long time sedo member, managing a portfolio of about 800 domains, I can tell that since the new look, offers on our domains have sunk by 90%.... I used to have offers every day, now once a week is a good score...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A reason Sedo and others redesign their sites often is not necessarily because the new site is better (it's somwtimes inferior) but because they have a large website maintannce budget so they need to somehow spend the money to meet their budget allocations and also keep their web-designers occupied. Still another reason is when they have executive meetings it always sounds good for someone there to recommend a website redesign at the meeting, for various reasons, so they go ahead with the new project een though it is not needed.

GoDaddy does this more than anyone else from what I can see with constant redesigns. One thing I like about Moniker is they keep the same website year after year, making it easy to navigate and work with.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The cheesy professional women clip art hasn't become any less annoying over time. The whole thing still reeks of $20 template.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Design still hasn't grown on me, navegation with the whole mouseover change is still difficult, and now the auction listings have been made much more difficult to navigate. I appreciate having more sort options, but I hate having to page through the listings, or having to go in and tweak the listing options each time.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I like the new domain search for the .CA tld domains. You can actually, find them now. However, the commission that Sedo is asking for the sale and transfer, is just out of proportion for the tld. I hope that comes around and gets competitive, with better minimum pricing on .Ca sales.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
New Sedo look, same sedo staff and problems.

Day 21 since a domain was paid for by the buyer and I have not been paid.

And no response from my inquiry for sending payment for this sale to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom