Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

invention.com for sale on ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
And the reserve price isn't met, yet. I also wonder what the highest bid will
be, because the current bid is already a good price for invention.com, in my
opinion.

financialtraffic

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dodo1 said:
And the reserve price isn't met, yet. I also wonder what the highest bid will
be, because the current bid is already a good price for invention.com, in my
opinion.

A few of the top bids are people with little or no feedback. Always makes me wonder if they are real bids that can and will be followed through with.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=5798780697

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking they are people who have never used ebay but would like to invest in this domain name, They could be evil bidders though :-(

Damn 250K and still reserve not met, 1day 2 hours left.

Anyone think reserve will be met?

Tihan

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi all. It is my domain that is for sale.

Regarding the price... Even at 500k, anyone with an Overture deal would have their money back in 6 years. (Marchex paid 8x for their traffic.)

A patent attorney -- who currently has to pay Overture $4 per click for this kind of traffic -- gets his investment back in just over 3 years.

That assumes zero growth. Putting real content on the site will bring return visits and search referrals which would boost the traffic considerably. So now that patent attorney gets his investment back in say 1 year.

The YHOO price to earnings ratio is 31 years. That's how long Yahoo investors expect to wait before they get their money back. Google... 80 years.

As far as investments go, Invention.com is a steal. :)

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tihan said:

Regarding the price... Even at 500k, anyone with an Overture deal would have their money back in 6 years. (Marchex paid 8x for their traffic.)

A patent attorney -- who currently has to pay Overture $4 per click for this kind of traffic -- gets his investment back in just over 3 years.

That assumes zero growth. Putting real content on the site will bring return visits and search referrals which would boost the traffic considerably. So now that patent attorney gets his investment back in say 1 year.

The YHOO price to earnings ratio is 31 years. That's how long Yahoo investors expect to wait before they get their money back. Google... 80 years.

Hope you get at least $x,xxx,xxx. Wonder if we'd already be looking at $x,xxx,xxx in an unconventional setting, such as Sotheby's. I can just see the tv commercials now, both late night and prime time...

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats, hope it works out. Looking forward to those tv promos and infomercials.

MrFlicks

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tihan said:

Didnt sell then

What are your plans for it now

Thought about trying to contact Chris Chena about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom