Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

iREIT, NameAdministration.com, & the likes

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavySeals91

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Blacktitan,

First, thank you for the comment on the forum, it is appreaciated.

All excellent points you made.

I do agree with Ed, consolidation is what will give this industry more credibility as long as it is done by strong companies that are financially backed and better well known that the average user.

This industry is still in it's infantcy stage but public awareness will rise as more consolidation is done.

Just like in any industry, those with valueable domains will beneifit and won't worry about consolidation as it only builds more value into their names. If a buyer wants a domain, it's not like houses, they only have one choice and need to negotiate with that person. Their options are more limited than any other industry. You basically are picking out a house and telling someone you want it so they need to tell you what they want and move out. This adds great value to the house owner.

-=DCG=-

Only if the housing market was exactly like that.

Domain Days 2024

GrainFarmer

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't see concern for consolidation at this time. Sure, these bigger portfolio companys are gobbling up a lot of names, but we are talking just hundreds of thousands. There are over 50 million dot coms registered right now I think, so it is still a small percentage that these companies own (and that is just .com). It is not like we will run out of domain names anytime soon.

What is to stop a small developer from reg'ing a quality 2, 3, or 4 word dot com (or other tld) and developing it? Afterall, if you can develop a domain name, no matter if it is a premium name or an off-the-wall name, and build it to generate traffic, and money, you have accomplished what you were seeking in the first place: a revenue producing domain name. And the beauty of this business is that we can do this over and over again with .com or other tld's. There is a lot of room on this playing field for everybody.

My 2c anyway. Have a good day.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They were innovative, now they're a market squatter blocking innovation.

You certainly made some interesting points, but this quote is incorrect.

Innovation cannot be blocked.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A point that has been largely missed here is that if there is an IPO coming up, Wall Street will have to start employing analysts for the Domain Traffic companies. They will have to up there along side more traditional sectors like Building, Petroleum, Banking etc.

typeins

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually purchased a domain FROM ireit, was quite funny because nobody knew how to sell the domain because they are so used to buying them hehehe.. In fact none of the guys i had dealt with had ever sold one from the portfolio before ( so they told me )

I have to say though, they are a professional organization and are going places.

puxa2

puxa2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Guess again, remember I own many IDN names and believe in them strongly. I am also running the acquistion department for iREIT. ;)

Expect the IDN market to pick up now.

-=DCG=-

That's good to hear!

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What is to stop a small developer from reg'ing a quality 2, 3, or 4 word dot com (or other tld) and developing it? Afterall, if you can develop a domain name, no matter if it is a premium name or an off-the-wall name, and build it to generate traffic, and money, you have accomplished what you were seeking in the first place: a revenue producing domain name. And the beauty of this business is that we can do this over and over again with .com or other tld's. There is a lot of room on this playing field for everybody.

My 2c anyway. Have a good day.

I couldn't have said it better! No one can stop you from having a voice on the net. Develop the good names you do have and watch the $$$ come in.

Rarethings

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A point that has been largely missed here is that if there is an IPO coming up, Wall Street will have to start employing analysts for the Domain Traffic companies. They will have to up there along side more traditional sectors like Building, Petroleum, Banking etc.

Excellent point.

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Rubber Duck

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sweet! Arabic IDNs are holding the #1 and #2 positions on Google.
What did you do to get that ranking position?

Well actually since Google have changed their Algorythm last week, you actually only have to get them parked and indexed. There is no fancy SEO work here. IDN will blow ASCII into the middle of next week on any non-Latin character search. And non-Latin character searches are what half the world use.

If I can see off the opposition without developing a site. Just how powerful is IDN going to be on a developed site. Clearly most of the World still cannot see it, but it won't be long before the local SEO guys realise that the game is up for ASCII.

Of course the other thing about high SERP is that you get your traffic whether the browser is IDN supported or not!

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of the big players have said they expect the domain market to have peaks and valleys. I've also heard warnings from analysts about the PPC market, in that if there is a downtown in the overall economy, then advertising budgets usually drop, which means lower PPC values. But all businesses have ups and downs, you just have to ride them out. Why should domains be different? Any downturn in the economy right now would be partially offset anyway by more and more people using the internet. People just love to be online.

DotComGod - how can you be doing aquisitions for iREIT, doesn't that conflict with building your own portfolio?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom