Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Is Afternic Still Operating?

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
On August 14th I've bought and paid via paypal for a domain, amount was not high mid-low $$$.
The payment procedure is automatic so paypal sent the money right away, after paying I was redirected back to Afternic Domain Purchsae page where my transaction had a status of Retrieving payment and authorizing transfer which even though it look a bit weird(since I already paid) I though it that their system didnt proccess paypal payment yet.

So I visited Afterniv the next day only to see the same message so I decided to contact them by email. that was August 15th.

I received an email reply from an agent called "Elizabeth" saying:
Thank you for reaching out to us for assistance. We are still waiting for the funds to clear. Once the funds have been cleared, we will contact the seller to request that they transfer the domain. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

I replied that I already paid one day ago, the minute I bought the domain... since then and 4 days after I didnt receive any reply.

In between I tried numerous times to contact Afternic Customer Service though their international phone numbers +1 781-839-7990 and +1339-222-5145 but both give me a service not available message.

So my next move was to reach them through the toll free phone number for US. Even though phone call went through and I got to hear their automated audio welcome message no matter what option I chose(1, 2, 3 and 4) I never got any reply.

They state that their department is open from 8am EST and I called between 9am and 9:30am without any luck.

Is this a dead service? And if so how I can get my money back?

Domain summit 2024

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators