Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is anybody using DRAMS to resell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

profezor

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Is anybody using DRAMS systems to register and or resell? If so what is your experience and suggestion? I am looking for a cheap but good solution for reselling domain, if i can link to enom's API so much the better.

profezor

loho27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Try the http://whoiscart.net

$35.00 integrates with, enom, opernSRC, godaddy, directi, C-panel, Direct Admin,

and others. Great value.

loho27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, what I love about it is the ability to chop and change registrars at will.

For example enom had 4.95 specials for .us

so all the .us extensions I sold went to enom, the .coms stayed with directi

The flexibility is fantastic, and the new version that is comming is even better( free upgrade)
It is a pity they havnt a good affiliate program, you can purchase license at a discount rate but the buyers dont get updates or support(via the forums)

profezor

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Where is your site?

Do you use it to resell as well.

SO you have multiple resller accounst and it will pick which has the best price in realtime?

Who did your installation?

profezor

loho27 said:
Yes, what I love about it is the ability to chop and change registrars at will.

For example enom had 4.95 specials for .us

so all the .us extensions I sold went to enom, the .coms stayed with directi

The flexibility is fantastic, and the new version that is comming is even better( free upgrade)
It is a pity they havnt a good affiliate program, you can purchase license at a discount rate but the buyers dont get updates or support(via the forums)

loho27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I use the directi reseller program for resellers (you are parachuted to the $6.75 level)

It is very modular for the API and requires no out of the box configuration.

If you have an account with directi, enom, godaddy, opensrc or who ever , you can have the coms registered at one and nets at another. This is all done from your admins.
The clients are yours and only are dealing with you.
It is a very exciting developement.

You can view one of my examples here http://domaindiscounters.net this one is heavily modified and is still be worked.

darrenl

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does it allow like the url redirection option and all those other options?

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I love DRAMS and never used Whois.Cart, however I have heard people say they like DRAMS over Whois.Cart.

loho27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We could go into this for days,

If you check this objective comparison(lol) you will see the differences

http://www.whoiscart.net/comparison.php

I am sure the Admin at whoiscart.net would like to correct any errors if they are advised

Cheers

Saeven

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone.

Sorry to bud in, one of our extensive community's members had pointed me here to clear up some potentially harmful rumors.

Whois.Cart() is not specifically 'geared' to either hosting or domain sales. It does both, very well, and very quickly. Drams in its initial stages, was an Enom specific software.

the thing is though whoiscart is more meant for selling hosting with a domain and not really domains by themselves, so it lacks some domain management features drams has

This is a very particular statement. It is true that for enom specific things, Drams supports more API commands than we do for Enom. Consider also however, that they have had OpenSRS 'in development' for 2 years now while we release RAPI modules (For domain name sales) pretty steadily. We have Enom, OpenSRS, DirectI, CentralNIC, BulkRegisterX, and a big DotWS company coming soon called Toeki - for whom we've developed the actual API gateway (huge project). You can't possibly presume that they do 'more domains' and we do 'more hosting'. In fact, we do more of both, by a wide margin.

Just wanted to clear harmful hearsay - our next release, 3.0 dubbed Silverstar, will be beyond comparison with Drams without doubt. We have bigger fish to fry ;)

Cheers!
Alex

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Saeven said:
Hello Everyone.

Sorry to bud in, one of our extensive community's members had pointed me here to clear up some potentially harmful rumors.

Whois.Cart() is not specifically 'geared' to either hosting or domain sales. It does both, very well, and very quickly. Drams in its initial stages, was an Enom specific software.

This is a very particular statement. It is true that for enom specific things, Drams supports more API commands than we do for Enom. Consider also however, that they have had OpenSRS 'in development' for 2 years now while we release RAPI modules (For domain name sales) pretty steadily. We have Enom, OpenSRS, DirectI, CentralNIC, BulkRegisterX, and a big DotWS company coming soon called Toeki - for whom we've developed the actual API gateway (huge project). You can't possibly presume that they do 'more domains' and we do 'more hosting'. In fact, we do more of both, by a wide margin.

Just wanted to clear harmful hearsay - our next release, 3.0 dubbed Silverstar, will be beyond comparison with Drams without doubt. We have bigger fish to fry ;)

Cheers!
Alex

hearsay --

1. Unverified information heard or received from another; rumor.
2. Law. Evidence based on the reports of others rather than the personal knowledge of a witness and therefore generally not admissible as testimony.

I have assisted some clients in setting up and using whoiscart. I like it, and it is a great buy. I also own a licence to drams+. I also find I am having write some similar class software for another client as both of these have limits to the customization of them due to the encoding used.

So your claim that this is hearsay is a lie. This is not a rumor either. It is my evaluation after seeing both packages, reading both companies forums for a week or two. I stand by my statement. WhoisCart does not provide many ways to a client to manage the domain once it is purchased. It is much better for the case where you are selling the hosting and the domain together and they manage it through the hosting account you provide them.

This said, in most cases I recommend whoiscart over drams but there are cases drams is better.

Saeven

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello theparrot,

I'm not here to fight, but again this statement you make is false:

WhoisCart does not provide many ways to a client to manage the domain once it is purchased

The Whois.Cart Domain API provides DNS setting, and contact modification in the least for all domain registrars modules implemented. The client can this alter DNS and domain contact information from his client section. The features unsupported would be from an Enom point of view, features that are enom specific, like name my map etc... which Drams does provide I believe - but remember I started my initial post with the fact that drams was a hardcoded Enom software in the get go. We have to span our services across several registrars. BRX and DirectI for instance, do not support the majority of those Enom features.

Our next release will have features as an independent set per registrar using XML manifest files. I hope that at that time, you will have the chance to give it a proper evaluation and report your findings.

Best regards.
Alexandre

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you can manage the A records, MX records and such, and the url forwarding and such now? when I tried to find this before I could not.

I will be happy to evaluate the next version if I get a chance, most of the people I deal with are very conservative with upgrades though, so I am not sure just when they will run php 5 on the production servers.

Again , I like whoiscart, it is a great buy. The design seems better then DRAMS, with the modules it uses. The modularity is a great feature and shows good design effort. It needs one more, for a data abstration though. In general though it seems to have more care in the coding standards, as for example it works with the current recommend default of global registers off while drams requires you to turn this on. I do hope you do know it does have limits and even faults, as if you think it is perfect then that means it will never be impoved.

I am also not sure of your tact of trying to dismiss my statements as heresay and rumor is a good one though. Remember I recommend whoiscart at times to people. I am a support of it for the most part, but I do think it is not the tool for all jobs in its market niche.

Saeven

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello theparrot,

We are constantly on an improvement binge. Currently, 2.2 is limited by a general implementation interface for RAPI modules. Features implemented for one, must be implemented for all. Some of the registrars we support, do not have API commands for the commands you cite above. As such, we are a bit limited by this with 2.2 - enter 3.0 however, which addresses these things entirely. We made extensive use of XML because it's easy to customize things - and have built our own set of class loaders etc. Everything from payment plugs to RAPI modules are XML defined - with good docs, this will hopefully start a farm-industry of module distribution.

I must desist at this point, and thank you for your kind feedback - and it would be my pleasure to take this up anew once we release Silverstar. Our current efforts cannot be gauged on the present release - we are keeping things behind the scenes. If it means anything to you however, I did pay $15 just to answer to this one post. We do care alot about our products, but more importantly - about our user community. They are not customers, they are friends in this endeavor.

Regards.
A

theparrot

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Then you can understand why I feel WhoisCart is a better fit for a hosting site, then for a domain registration site with the 2.2 versions? Also, how I do not feel my statements were hersey, or rumor, or even false?

I am looking forward to learning/seeing more about 3.0. When will the interface be finalized and the docs available? I have some modules I might just write for it, if they are not already going to be in the new release.

One thing about your new gold memembership, with it comes a free invite for someone else so you can offer to sell if on your support forum and maybe recoup some of the money if you want.

I agree also, it shows good support to venture beyond your support forums, to other sites to tell people about your software 'from the horses mouth', so to speak.

Now, go back to coding 3.0 :)

loho27

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Saeven & Theparrot

Its great to see the principle of a company prepared to support his users and his product in such a manner.

It is even better to gauge the differing view points and to better understand the limitations of the products concerned.

It can only help the community make better decisions.

Thanks again

RegDN.com

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for myself, i use Drams for over 1 year, they do pretty well and i almost never need to worrie about anything, everything is automated, and all my customer never complain about couldn't get something done, and also for myself, sometimes is even better then use the control panel from enom..just my 2 cents

Saeven

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

We do look forward to releasing 3.0 - we're currently on a standstill with releases pending Zend's release of the encoder for PHP5. As soon as that's done, we'll be releasing a public beta of Auracle our support desk, and then we'll be updating the Silverstar panel. Silverstar makes extensive use of XML definitions to customize things, because it's extremely fast, and because XML is a widely accepted format of course. I believe theparrot, that you will find this a welcome and refreshing way to add modules etc - payment modules for instance, are just XML files themselves. Everything becomes very easy with the PHP5 SimpleXML engine.

Hopefully soon, we'll have something to show for our efforts ;) Hurry up Zend!! :)

Cheers.
Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom