Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is Bido Back?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just got an email:

Today's upcoming auctions on Bido are:
10/28/2010 3:00 PM EDT: poetic.me
10/28/2010 3:05 PM EDT: websiteideas.eu
10/28/2010 3:10 PM EDT: carwarranty.eu
10/28/2010 3:15 PM EDT: homeauctions.eu
10/28/2010 3:20 PM EDT: failure.co
10/28/2010 3:25 PM EDT: trailerhomes.eu
10/28/2010 3:30 PM EDT: brutal.org
10/28/2010 3:35 PM EDT: designwebsite.eu
10/28/2010 3:40 PM EDT: homesauna.eu
10/28/2010 3:45 PM EDT: motorbikegames.eu
10/28/2010 3:50 PM EDT: housedesigns.eu
10/28/2010 3:55 PM EDT: countrycars.eu

And then it looks like I see somebody bidding on something.

So is it the ghost of Bido or is this up and going again?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They're back and doing some maintenance right now. Site loads slow or won't load for some now.

SBDomains

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, they really have came back and Bido's Admin is being serious about comeback and improvement of Bido, talked on FB with him.

Those .eu domains are mine. Many people says that those names are worth nothing. Well. How can names like InternationalFlights.eu or CarWarranty.eu be worth nothing? lol... .com snobs.

I am pretty sure that if You live in Germany, Denmark, Lithuania or something relative (don't include Uk, because they has their .co.uk, which they love), You see those .eu names pretty often. Especially in travel/car/shopping niches.

maxmn

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, BIDO comeback !
http://www.bido.com

It's a good news for me :eek:k:
I like BIDO auction because:

1. Escrow process faster than godaddy auction :)
(at godaddy, if sold price < $ 1000, you must wait 20 days (+7days auction) to receive payment. It mean it often take
1 month to sell
a domain. I dislike this !)

2. We can set reserve for our domain. It protect my premium domains for low bids
If your serve is not high, you can sell it with nice price ! :D

Jeroen

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice, i submitted some names too.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Many people says that those names are worth nothing. Well. How can names like InternationalFlights.eu or CarWarranty.eu be worth nothing? lol... .com snobs.
No doubt they are worth a lot of money, that's why they are on bido.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
no doubt they are worth a lot of money, that's why they are on bido.

lol

Bido has not changed and whoever bought this must be off their rocker,it's still the same old shit but different day........

Last edited:

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, they really have came back and Bido's Admin is being serious about comeback and improvement of Bido, talked on FB with him.

Those .eu domains are mine. Many people says that those names are worth nothing. Well. How can names like InternationalFlights.eu or CarWarranty.eu be worth nothing? lol... .com snobs.

I am pretty sure that if You live in Germany, Denmark, Lithuania or something relative (don't include Uk, because they has their .co.uk, which they love), You see those .eu names pretty often. Especially in travel/car/shopping niches.
but people in germany, denmark and lithuania would sooner go to sites in their own language...

namenut

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear BiDO is back because you always want to see hard
work rewarded and BiDOs success is better for everyone. I've bought
and sold on B i D O and the payment process was always quick and
painless. The voting process has grown tentacles and yes the name
quality needs to improve and I'm sure it can over time. I'm also pretty
sure that problem solving rather than problem finding would be a more
positive and possibly profitable approach.

I think everyone wants;

A) better quality names in auction
B) their own names with big bids in auction

Hmmm is that a quandary I see?

Personally I think BiDO should/could host both general "voter selected"
auctions and "Premium Name" auctions. The market will segregate the
names with pre-bidding. Any name that hits a pre-set value during the
pre-bidding opens in the "premium" section. These names will expedite
themselves. Creating a "premium" quality desirable selection of names
rotating in more rapid secession. :thumb:

BiDO needs to focus on promotion and marketing. One more thing I
would like to see is a healthy back end to speed things up. I'm on a
decent box with a 5 mb cable connection and had function issues in
the past ...... that seem to still exist.

Anyway ..... To BiDO .... here's mud in your eye .... and success in
your future.

Name Nut

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its the members who ultimately determine what makes it to auction through their voting model. So given the fact that they've closed down twice and subsequently re-emerged, wouldn't it stand to reason that the fault lies in the hands of the voters? Truth be told, if every "domainer" knew what constitutes value within a given domain, then bido would be much less a dot orphanage and more a thriving domain aftermarket.

Food for thought for the bido team:

- Screen Voters through a multi-tiered voting system: this could effectively be achieved utilizing the voter points system that is currently in place. The members who consistently place votes resulting in successful sales could maybe have oversight on whether a domain makes it to auction. Upper Tier if you will. The domains that don't pass the final tier of voting could be presented to the lower tier members (who originally voted for that domain) with an opportunity to place an open bid or submit a best offer. Short of an opening bid, every domain would pass up the tiers if it is to make it to auction based on votes alone. This would place more responsibility on the members to submit higher quality domains, and promote competition for votes.

- They currently have a screening process for becoming a "domain expert", why not for becoming a voter? A Lower Tier voting status could be issued to new members, whose votes would count not necessarily in determining whether a domain makes it to auction, but counted on the voters behalf to build their percentage of successful votes and eventually become a "certified" or "upper tier" voter. The commission share would commensurate with the user's individual status respectively.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with the above.
The voting model is bogging down the marketplace. Always has.

There is an even bigger flaw: a marketplace that caters to domainers.
In fact, I'm not sure what Bido does more than say, Namepros, in terms of exposure for decent domains.

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They should also employ some means of categorization of the domains or adhere to some limit of acceptable extensions... With the current "list" its too easy for the very few decent domain submissions to get buried in the pigeon sh*t and if your domain fails to get the 10 votes within the first couple days, forget about it.. If I'm specifically looking for a niche keyword .com I don't want to spend HOURS sifting the a bunch of .wtf ?? domains I've never heard of.. and if I'm selling, I don't want to have to compete for exposure with bulk uploaders of said sh*t..
There is an even bigger flaw: a marketplace that caters to domainers.
Couldn't agree more.. this D2D marketplace has failed twice before and without a significant overhaul in quality control - 3 strikes and your OUT!

james2002

Buying Premium Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bido is back. But, traffic & buyer not like previous time. I submit some exclusive domain name. But, no one live on auction!

Because the domains from the newletter don't look good and no desire to have a look there.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bido email now gets trapped in spam filter where it will stay,a leopard never change it's spots,worse garbage than before.............deadpool !

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's working fine for me, just sold something recently and very quick payout. I understand the whole quality of domains/buyers/sellers. Sellers want lots of buyers so there is a better chance to sell, buyers will come if there are better qaulity names etc. I put up some names with the price I like so if it sells, I sold it for what I wanted. If not, then not a big deal, can sell them elsewhere.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent them a message and still no reply...going on two weeks :)

I guess they are busy LOL

oh well until I hear back I just delete all bido emails.

zabijaq

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear BiDO is back because you always want to see hard
work rewarded and BiDOs success is better for everyone.

Hard work is wasted time when you don't have good business model.
I'm still wondering why even people go there if there's almost no chance (with competition) to leave site with even one bought domain.
You might overbid everyone, but that just usually means you've spend much more then you should.

BIDO model is really bad. The main traffic (and bids) they've got was due to huge PROMO. And with their margin & sales amount, they barely earn something.

You can spot good project, if it can grow fast natural way, without PROMO + advertising. BIDO is on the oposite side of road.

superbiz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
has 10 domains which got already 10 votes, but 3 weeks already awaiting for auction set up. Too much domains they have thre now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom