Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is domaining your full time job?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually if you learn to be good at developing domains and websites so they make a good income the rest of your life could be spent on hobbies and playing or serving others, nothing is worse than working for the man 60 hours a week for the rest of your life just to make ends meeet so learn and go to college, knowledge is the key
productive knowledge that is not the kind from jeporday or who wants to be a millionaire

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
Actually if you learn to be good at developing domains and websites so they make a good income the rest of your life could be spent on hobbies and playing or serving others, nothing is worse than working for the man 60 hours a week for the rest of your life just to make ends meeet so learn and go to college, knowledge is the key
productive knowledge that is not the kind from jeporday or who wants to be a millionaire

the good thing about being online and doing domains and stuff is all people are more qual and even dropouts can do it no college is need if your smart enough LOL

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good point thekingz, we are pretty much on a equal playing field, even an idiot like me has a chance to make it big, unlike lottery tickets if you use your imagination on future technology names or word configurations, you can make some money from ppc, right now I have an inventory of 175 names and growing,(ppc pays for reg fees) I weed out non productive names as i go. One example is fat virus dot com. a yr ago almost no traffic no clicks, but the first 2 weeks in october 29 views and 7 clicks, a virus that supposedly causes obesity first found in chickens and now found in adults, many more i regged on spec and waiting for them to be mainstream
goog luck to you all
People ask me all the time "did you go to school Stupid?"
I say yes, came out the same way

thekingz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well i will not call mysellf Stupid? as i smart i got in the domain game alot sooner then some people!

But not soon enough LOL :cool:

i wish i could go back in time with a cc and rank up a bill for 3 letter .coms and shorter and stuff LOL

fatter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Actually, I am retired AF I got a 2 yr degree in Auto technology while in the Air Force, but as my body began to fall apart, Back and knees i decided to use my brain (as small as it is) and started domaining, i try and read news as it unfolds, I was able to get "army combat uniform" the uniform that replaces BDU's and many others, i too wish i was in the game earlier, just went on line in 2000 to watch my kids surfing habits as a rensponible parent

Jaques

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
fatter said:
Actually, I am retired AF I got a 2 yr degree in Auto technology while in the Air Force, but as my body began to fall apart, Back and knees i decided to use my brain (as small as it is) and started domaining, i try and read news as it unfolds, I was able to get "army combat uniform" the uniform that replaces BDU's and many others, i too wish i was in the game earlier, just went on line in 2000 to watch my kids surfing habits as a rensponible parent

But you guys are extremely lucky, if I was born just a few years earlier, I would have scored it big in the domain world :( But now there are none left :O

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My oldest domains are from 1999. Don't be so sure you have missed out Jaques. There are plenty of domains left. They are worth even more now than before based on scarcity. With the rise of demand, prices will rise as well. Nobody's forcing you to sell a domain for cheap either. If you want to hold out for more, more power to you. You just might never find that buyer though unless you have a good domain.

pavsta

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yo Jaques im 15 so a year older then you and have been in this game and php programming for about a year and a half, Its an amazing bussiness but if you come into it for the intention to earn cash you wont be going very far. You need to be in the game to enjoy it, then the cash will just role in. I will also want to be a php programmer when im older. Good Luck.

Jaques

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
pavsta said:
Yo Jaques im 15 so a year older then you and have been in this game and php programming for about a year and a half, Its an amazing bussiness but if you come into it for the intention to earn cash you wont be going very far. You need to be in the game to enjoy it, then the cash will just role in. I will also want to be a php programmer when im older. Good Luck.

heh I just turned 14 like 4 days ago :eek: ^_^

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nameslave said:
Please, at 14, do not even THINK about your future job. You will have LOTS AND LOTS of time to do that when you are old enough. Go fool around, do some silly things. Unless your family really needs it, don't even work for money part-time; instead, work for fun, for the satisfaction, for the praises. ;)

Grab all of the formal education you can get.

You can play in the domain "sandbox" while you going to school.
However, 5 - 7 years from now, this industry will not look like anything you see now.

And, you will be competing against guys that have domain and business experience
plus a formal education in business. Like, Nameslave, etc.

In martial arts, it would be like a yellow or green belt who has a little bit of knowledge and
experience challanging a seasoned black belt.

Education is everything. And, then you can apply it to making a living in an area
you really enjoy.

Once, you have the education and the diploma. They can't take it away from you.
(A black belt is still a black belt when he dies. And, it also applies to
a college degree.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom