Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Is it better developing a domain into website and sell it later or selling only the domain?

ABCV

Level 1
Reaction score
My domain names are not getting sold, so I have decided to develope them into websites and sell them after that. Is it a good idea ir should I keep the names as they are and wait for a good offer to come?

Domain summit 2024

mr-x

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here is the truth: Your domain names are not very good. A broker wont' help you, It takes more work to sell a low value domain than a high value domain. There is not a name on your list I could replace for $10.

Stop buying domains, start learning.

Check out Drew Wash's videos, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_3eFlqCe2F7o_j_7oN51dw . Drew is a successful domain investor / web developer and has spent a lot of time talking about your question.

The best part of Drew's videos is, he teaches you how to find decent domains that could be resold or developed while avoiding the type of mistakes you are making.

All the best to you.

Neoget

Level 5
Reaction score
Also stop hand registering domains based on your own preferences, I did this and found a big mistake, many have droped without selling even at reg fee.
Look what is in trend and try capture what others may not see for example NFT, metaverse, VR, holo, AR, crypto and DeFi related names, but most are already taken by domainers, with a little of creativeness you can create brands which most businesses prefer to use, also try to look into the future many people don't see it even the so called domain kings, the future is in technology, digital and software development.
You can be inspired by watching such movies as Blade Runner, Mandalorian, LOKI TV Series, Superman and Lois TV series, Flash TV Series, Ready Player One etc, in short Futuristic and Fantastic movies which predict the future in some way.
P.s. never register domains with such words: planet, globe, global, Mars etc, this domains will be nulled most the 2 word ones, the one word ones will be still used as brands but their value will decrease hugely, in short stay away from what NASA and Space-X have to show or say because they film fairy tales.
So my advice from those movies is focus on the tech not space fairy tales.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have not seen the list of your names, but to generally answer your question, yes.

This is because you're no longer just selling a domain, you're selling a business(-in-a-box). With the latter, you can easily measure its value with generally accepted accounting principles around the world and sell for a sum that nearly any businessperson would want to buy it for.

To get names like this, you must invest in though. These will be product names, etc. that you develop out over the course of a year or two to make something like $20,000 per year with. Then, you have something to sell besides a $100 name.

accurate

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I only develop very good domain names. Or domains that already have existing backlinks and will rank easily in search pages without me killing myself doing SEO work.

danielak

Level 1
Reaction score
G
Here is the truth: Your domain names are not very good. A broker wont' help you, It takes more work to sell a low value domain than a high value domain. There is not a name on your list I could replace for $10.

Stop buying domains, start learning.

Check out Drew Wash's videos, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_3eFlqCe2F7o_j_7oN51dw . Drew is a successful domain investor / web developer and has spent a lot of time talking about your question.

The best part of Drew's videos is, he teaches you how to find decent domains that could be resold or developed while avoiding the type of mistakes you are making.

All the best to you.
Great advice! I totally stand by it.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators