Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is it better to Park or Develope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

evossman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have some domain names that I have purchased over the last few months and have them all parked at Namedrive. In total they recieve 3000 visitors and I get about a 20% CTR. I'm not earning more the about $60 on average per month and was wondering if I could increase this earnings by spending the time to put up some one or few page sites that have google ads to click through on.

Is this a good idea or does Google frown upon this, I'm sure there are templates for it right? Shoudl I stick with parking?

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Develope.

You can build your traffic and keep your traffic by developing. You can also increase your revenues by a lot.

evossman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does this even apply to typos?

I have a few of those and some of them get decent traffic.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. If your traffic isn't type-in and depending on existing search engine traffic, it'll gradually drop in rankings and eventually disappear over time...

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Does this even apply to typos?

I have a few of those and some of them get decent traffic.

Depends on the typo. If it's iffy in terms of trademarks, etc, develop it or monitor the ads being displayed in order to stay on the safe side...

Andrew Shaw

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Its much safer to develope trademarked names, rather then park them if thats what you are asking. Regardless, any name can be developed. Its what you develope the name into is what may concern you.

evossman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any examples of what would be a good developed site? Would I put Google AdSense on it.

For example I have a domain that I purchased and it gets about 40-80 uniques a day with a CTR of about 20% and a CPC of only 0.03, it looks like a typo but I'm not sure how to tell, I have it parked at namedrive and I'm relatively new and unsure how to tell if it's typein or search traffic.

the name is mb0x.com (that's a zero) and the best CTR is with email provider as the keyword. I would imagine mbox.com used to be an email service but is now a parked page. Or maybe it's all search???

Anyway, what do you think of that one. Looking to capitalize on some higher traffic.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It definitelyt appears to be a typo of MBox, which has 10m sites in Google. You should look here for an explanation - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mbox. It would be quite interesting to know about possible TM issues, and assuming you would like to create a site, I would definitely recommend putting up a full scaked site, not only a PayPerClick site with ads. I would look into building an information site using Joomla. Good luck.

evossman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would definitely recommend putting up a full scaked site, not only a PayPerClick site with ads. I would look into building an information site using Joomla. Good luck.

Thanks for the information, the wikipedia showed that mbox is in fact a base term for email file formats. Which I found no trademark for mbox and the various email fiile formats.

However, I did find something about a company named digidesign and their USB Music product called Mbox. (mbox.com is a parked site FYI)

I would be interested in developing a site if you think it is worth it. I make only about $12 a month with parking and email provider as the keyword, I just changed the keyword to "usb audio", so I'll see if that increases CTR and CPC.

I am unsure what a scaked site is and an information site using Joomla, I've looked into Joomla before but am not familiar with it or what you mean by using it? Do you think it would be worth it and do you know what I would advertise my needs as if I wanted someone else to do this?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Developing a site as opposed to parking means investing time and sometimes money. Scaked was a typo, I meant scaled as in full scaled site, i.e., a site that would not only be created for ads, but contains information as well.

Joomla is a Content Management System, and in my opinion and others here and around the best at that. A CMS, makes developing a web-site much simpler.

Go to Joomla, or your Cpanel if you have hosting, install, start adding information, which you can start with Wikipedia, since they allow using there info no copyright or other problems. It will take time to learn how to use it. But once you learn, you will be able to make sites much quicker.

evossman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is it like a central control system for a crap load of sites?

Right now I use wordpress for my blogs (php and mysql) is it nothing like that?

evossman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PS I run 13 blogs and one bb right now and in the next month want to add 3 more blogs, two more bbs and begin on a large scale mysql based database site and if joomla will make managing them easier then I say bring it on right now.

Or if joomla would replace mysql then ufta, I need to learn more.

zzz

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great tips. Thanks for the info.

Would it be worth developing sites that don't have great domain names?

evossman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As I look more into Joomla I am wondering if it's basically just like wordpress and you run one joomla install database thingy for each website you want to start?

Is that correct?

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it like a central control system for a crap load of sites?

Right now I use wordpress for my blogs (php and mysql) is it nothing like that?

Don't know what you mean exacly. I use WordPress as well, and WordPress can be run under Joomla, as an addon, as well as a lot of other things. You can run multiple databases using Joomla, but I was suggesting running a unique one at each quality site. Once you start then creating future sites will become that much easier.

evossman

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I may try and do that with mb0x.com or I may try and get someone to develope on of those for me. We'll see what my funds will allow.

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I look more into Joomla I am wondering if it's basically just like wordpress and you run one joomla install database thingy for each website you want to start?

Is that correct?

WordPress is forBlogs, it is far more limited than a CMS like Joomla. If you only want news or blog items, and staic pages, than that is fine, if you are looking into something broader with lots more functions, than Joomla is it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom