Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is it Fraud to claim you are going

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dtobias An interesting essay about the usefulness of local government sites using the consistent addressing system (lots of dots and all), which ironically seems to undermine itself by its own URL (within a stupid dot-com address used by a county government), is at:http://www.scottcountyiowa.com/usdomain.html

Thanks Dan. What make that system even more confusing is they are even using hyphens, which I was not aware of.

For example from that page: "The simple test is to first use the .us government addressing system. You'll find Boca Raton at www.ci.boca-raton.fl.us "

Probably the most confuusing toughest to use url I have ever seen.

P.S. As a side note, I always thought how great it would have been if the domain system would have allowed for the use of spaces in names when it was first created., not just in double word city names but all multi word names.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are good technical reasons why spaces aren't allowed in domain names (or, for that matter, in URLs, including in the filename path portion, unless properly encoded as %20). In many protocols, command line interfaces, etc., spaces are used as a delimiter. For that matter, email and forum software that automatically hyperlinks URLs generally stops at a space; otherwise, it would be hard pressed to determine where the URL begins and ends with respect to surrounding text.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

The reason they are "terrible" is that the human brain dosent look at life as a file cabinet, complete with directories and folders.

Maybe that's a difference in how "techies" (including various occupations that center around logical structure such as programmer, engineer, librarian, etc.) and "non-techies" (including everybody else) think... I, myself, try to structure everything in careful hierarchies, broken down in a sensible way that avoids a big mess at the top level if you just dump everything there in an unstructured way.

The structure of files and subdirectories on my computer, the structure of program folders in my Windows "Start" menu, the bookmarks in my browser, the folders to store categories of mail in my email program, and other things like that on my computer are, wherever I can manage it, grouped into hierarchies at least two levels deep and sometimes more; I seldom let anything stay where it gets placed by default unless it suits my structure. It always bugs me when I have to use somebody else's computer and they didn't do anything like that, so everything is in a set of top-level folders a mile long.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They did it again..

http://nic.us/reserved/index.html

Moved back the drop another month..

This has to illegal..interesting none of the on board atorneys havent commeted on this..

I think it is a CLEAR attempt at fraud aimed at government agencies... Maiking it look like they only have 30 days to register when in fact they have forever..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom