Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is It Me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have noticed it being very quite on the domain sales front although there are a few bargains hanging about on dnf and even ebay is getting desperate to sell on !

Domain Days 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:
I have noticed it being very quite on the domain sales front although there are a few bargains hanging about on dnf and even ebay is getting desperate to sell on !

it's just you!

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am burnt out but seems slow to me as well for good names at good prices.

elequa

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:

its been mad in auctions actually ppl have been going out of control in selling names in mad prices and the VC guys just paying high dollar to terrible names .... To be honest with you i have been not buying names like before and for a while i thought the same what u r talking about guess we are both burnt out.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
Maybe I am burnt out but seems slow to me as well for good names at good prices.
Possibly true and therefore you are not burnt out
However, I am selling crap names like hotcakes at the moment for $xxx

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The boards have been slowing to a halt for awhile now. On the flipside end-user sales for me atleast are in overdrive.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
elequa said:
its been mad in auctions actually ppl have been going out of control in selling names in mad prices and the VC guys just paying high dollar to terrible names .... To be honest with you i have been not buying names like before and for a while i thought the same what u r talking about guess we are both burnt out.

But why did VC guys tell domainers about 6-mos ago they pay no more than 8X income? Is it higher now?

KwelX

The Godfather
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
britishbulldog said:

sorry, i haven't reg'd that many in the last 2 months. i'll try to pick it up next month and post alot more deals for everyone :-D

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I get offers for my website when I first got it.. now that its on sell... i only get 1 - 2 interested. :'(

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For what I look for it is certainly getting hard. In general though I dont see a huge slow down, just higher prices..lol

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny, I was just going to post and ask everyone if they thought more sales were happening. Judging from Afternic, they seem to be getting more sales lately, right now they have some 4 and 5 figure offers on names closing soon. Just look on their homepage. Last week they sold two 3 letter .coms for 13k and 25k. Ebay seems to have more domains selling as well, though most are under $100. The domain market has been making the news lately (Business 2.0 magazine, Wall street journal, etc.) so I was thinking more people are getting in the game. The rush is on to secure names with any potential. Even the country code domain sales are picking up - .de, .co.uk, etc. We have reached one billion internet users, and will hit 2 billion in 5 or six years. Many businesses don't even have a web presence yet.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JOEMART said:
Possibly true and therefore you are not burnt out
However, I am selling crap names like hotcakes at the moment for $xxx

Yeah I guess that's the problem. I develop names and I love to buy good names but currently crap names are going for too much money. 6 months ago I could get a good name for $xx...now they are all mid $xxx suddenly. Also I feel less and less inclined to sell what I have and simply hold. So it's been boring. I just been coding and coding and coding...bah...I prefer to wheel and deal. I pretty much don't want to sell anything unless I get $xxxx for it at this point. I know not all my names are worth that much but if I wait a bit many will.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
People just have too much money in theyre hands.

sasquatch

Telling it like it is
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
elequa said:
its been mad in auctions actually ppl have been going out of control in selling names in mad prices and the VC guys just paying high dollar to terrible names ....

Don't you see, these "overpayers" want to squeeze out amateur hobbyist like you and casual dudes like me out of the competition and out of the league. This is what that Michael Mann character out of "evil empire" said himself two years ago. A few regulars are now overinflating drop auctions to keep the little guys at bay, and also so the portfolios they build will appear to be of higher perceived values than they are. As usual when there is too much money and too few bright ideas on the market, the inevitable burst is on the horizon. Or not? Either way, with the latest appearance of clueless trust fund guys the game is nothing but a mad dash against time. This will drive domain name game into the "easiest legitimate money making scheme in the world", or the biggest bust this side of Dolly Parton.

stuff said:
People just have too much money...

...and not enough brains.

Sometimes that goes hand in hand.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
VC's aren't stupid. There's a reason they are paying more. The can do a BETTER JOB to monetize the traffic. I have been testing similar techniques over the last 6 months and have found that I can genetrate 5-6 times the income over previous methods (sedo)... I am working on making it available to everyone on this fourm.

Steve

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with labrocca...

Also I feel less and less inclined to sell what I have and simply hold.
... I pretty much don't want to sell anything unless I get $xxxx for it at this point. I know not all my names are worth that much but if I wait a bit many will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom