Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

is it possible to transfer .WS or .NAME?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering If anyone knows if it is possible to transfer .WS or .NAME TLDs?

I cant seem to find any registar that will, and sadly, in the past 4 months have lost over 30 WS domains because I didnt want to pay $70 (the minimum) ro renew at register.com

thanks!

doubledee999

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I dont think you can transfer .ws, Not sure about .name

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes you can transfer .ws, I have done it many times. However, it is my understanding that if you registered yours at the .ws site they charge you a huge fee to transfer. Moral of the story - register them somewhere else where there are no transfer fees (like GoDaddy).

I have no idea about .name as I have never had the slightest interest in registering one.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by seeker

I cant seem to find any registar that will, and sadly, in the past 4 months have lost over 30 WS domains because I didnt want to pay $70 (the minimum) ro renew at register.com

thanks!

Register.com is to be avoided at all costs. I would rather deal with Network Solutions then I would these people. At least with NetSol, they just cost you time. Register.com costs you time and money, and lots of it if you want to get away from them. Can't wait till they fold.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Duke, which registrar where you able to use to transfer the .ws Domains to? I have 2 at NameCheap which charges almost $30 for a renew, not as bad as $70 but I only paid $15 originally for the reg.

Thanks,

Mike

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tippy
Duke, which registrar where you able to use to transfer the .ws Domains to? I have 2 at NameCheap which charges almost $30 for a renew, not as bad as $70 but I only paid $15 originally for the reg.

Thanks,

Mike

I did not mean transfer them out to a different registrar. When I sell one I simply transfer it to the buyers' account at GoDaddy (if they don't have one they can open one at no charge).

If you have registered them somewhere else then you are subject to the demands of that registry. As izopod noted, if you are at one of the ripoff registries like Register, NetSol or the .WS registry itself, you will likely get raped (which is why these registries are losing tens of thousands of customers every year).

However I would have thought you could open a GoDaddy account and put in a transfer request to have the domain transferred in from Register and only have to pay the one year etxension at Godaddy which would be much less. I have transferred other extensions from Register into my own accounts with no problems. They may have different rules on .ws though.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thats not the same as being able to transfer them.
I have most of my new ones at Godaddy, and very few left at register.com (as I said before, the others were left to go because I didnt want to transfer for $70 each).
Is there a registar (I know Godaddy and enom do NOT) that allows you to transfer a .WS away or from another registar?

Thanks!

ToastyX

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As far as I know, you cannot transfer .ws and .name domains to another registrar.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ToastyX
As far as I know, you cannot transfer .ws and .name domains to another registrar.

That's good to know. Glad I never bought them anywhere but GoDaddy.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

I guess I will have to pay the $30 at NC if I wish to keep my name.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Tippy

I guess I will have to pay the $30 at NC if I wish to keep my name.
Yeah Tips! I pony up my $35.00 ransom for my lone little hostage abandon at VeriSlime. Let's see... that's 4.5 years at GoDaddy. and 7 years at Rackshack...... yeah, that seem about right!

Another satisfied Nutwork SoLosers customer!

WebCat

ps- But don't forget! You can now transfer ALL your names there... for FREE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom