Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is it safe to transfer ownership with OnlineNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccollin

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm a rookie in the domain name world. I've got a dozen or so and have bought and trasferred some of them, registered others myself. I have accounts with GoDaddy, Enom, and Doster, but prefer to eventually have them all in GoDaddy... I'm not a wholeseller.

I am buying a domain now, that I'm paying $x,xxx for, a lot to me. I am using escrow for the transaction. The owner has the domain at onlinenic presently, and wants to transfer it to a "temporary" account at onlinenic... then he said I can transfer it to GoDaddy after the deal is done.

Will I have to wait 60 days to transfer?
Is OnlineNIC going to hit me with a charge for the transfer?
Why isn't it better for me to have him transfer it to GoDaddy... it may take an extra 24 hours, but I'd have it where I want it?

Thanks for your quick advice.

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Make sure he doesn't give you a "temporary" account from his onlinenic account because he could login and change it back.

At least have him contact OnlineNic and create a new account and put it in there.

If the domain has been registered for over 60 days then you can transfer it ( have a look at the created date in the whois )

I'm not sure if OnlineNic still charge for transfer out

http://www.onlinenic.com/english/faqs/faq_transfer.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom