Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is it worth me, you know joining the big boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been a member here for a while.

But iam starting to see a lot of my peers who regged around the same time, moving up to the BIG E club.., you know the Exclusive lounge.. plus a lot of new members being invited.

So Is it worth me biting the wossname and taking the plunge and going over the trench..

Would I be wasting my precious shed money as iam not a full time domainer but considering the number of posts, I must be either talking a lot of cr*p on here (dont answer that) or just using up bandwidth.

I tend to spend a lot of time here, but the last 2 months have got my domain buying habit down to about 2 a week.. wish I could sell more than that a week :disappoin but thats another thread.

anyway If you care to share you views.. should i stay with the lower classes or have i got ideas above my station.

cheers

wilco

furca

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have the funds do it, if I had the funds I would.

From the looks of it if you join youll find out about the "acquired icann accredited registrar that was just claimed!"

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Or you might.. purchase an exclusive invite for less than what your platinum account cost. Oh wait, you can only have one account. ;)

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Uncle I should think that Adam and company would take into account longevity, number of posts contributed, past moderator services provided to help build this forum into what it is today etc. when considering what they might charge a platinum member to move up to exclusive.

At least they should remove the restriction on the oldest members being able to buy an exclusive membership for the same price that these newbies get in for. Just seems a bit of a slap in the face to the members such as yourself that a newbie who paid $50 can sit there in exclusive with just a handful of posts and you have over 5000.

I think Adam, Dan and the mods are doing a great job and things for the exclusives are starting to get real interesting. Hopefully they will reward guys like you and Bob (past moderator) for your past contributions with a special "exclusive" deal. I don't think anyone would whine at all.
Doc

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wholeheartedly agree with the Doc

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Right on Doc.
Uncle, Please stay with the proleteriat until the injustice to long serving plat members is fixed

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol cheers.. Doc, chaps,

just to say, i did not start this thread to point out any injustice.. to us oldies.. just to get a gauge on my own personal "should I or should not I".. etc..

the forum is moving forward and should I...

:)

wilco

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
wilco, your not in kansas anymore...oh, sorry, must have been the spinning tornado shed.

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wilco, it's an interesting question. Perhaps one of the Exclusive members could share their thoughts on the benefits. What do you actually get for your hard earned crust?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You get a lot of things...

For me, the free copy of Domain Retriever, along with the Google Adsense pagebuilder tool and the free website design has made it more than worth it.

I'm not sure if Exclusive is for everyone, but it's certainly a great package that Adam put together and continues to make even better.

freestyler

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
unclewilco said:
I have been a member here for a while.

So Is it worth me biting the wossname and taking the plunge and going over the trench..

cheers

wilco

Yup sure. go 4 it.

DomainTurn.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think you should leave us down here first of all your my best buyer. I think you should own a little more platinum time. I think there should be a time set when a person can go into exclusive right's on the dnforum and a fair amount of feedback.
I was going to do the same but found out some of them make there own rules. Or
favor other members over other's. This is a nice place and if people want to upgrade for a site and a few tools then let them. we all know all the tools to build a nice website and you won't ask an exclusive member to build a site for you. Well there is one. I feel the money would be a waste and would be sad if you changed your circle of friends. If you do go up you know you'll still come down. but we will look at you differently. and all my names are 10.00 more to exclusive members. lol Im just kidding
I always put i have the right to refuse service to anyboby.........exclusive lol and why didn't they call it titanium. ever ask yourself that question. they have gold and platinum. Good luck in your direction I always say if you have to ask yourself then there is a problem so don't go any further in the direction your in. most people that get anywhere just keep going and resolve as they go....

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think everyone who joined in August 2002 should get free exclusive membership :-D

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks for the fors and not many againsts (well the lack of spare money is my main one)..

i will wait and see and watch this (my) thread..

wilco

Capt. Flash

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Someone told me they picked up their "Exclusive" membership for 70.00 at eBay. Seems some here got two memberships for the price of one and are allowed to sell the second one. Anyone else know about this?
I agree, that the people whom participated in the begining to make this forum respectable should benefit a discount. After all in the begining we all had to endure mods, members and owners using multiple Id's, having our threads trashed with personal attacks and all kinds of monkey business before the current owners took over and actually developed the site.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Capt. Flash said:
Someone told me they picked up their "Exclusive" membership for 70.00 at eBay.

With all the exclusives being GIVEN AWAY. it seems foolish as a long time, payed member to spend the $400 to buy an exclusive membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom