Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is it worth me, you know joining the big boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
Uncle I should think that Adam and company would take into account longevity, number of posts contributed, past moderator services provided to help build this forum into what it is today etc. when considering what they might charge a platinum member to move up to exclusive.

At least they should remove the restriction on the oldest members being able to buy an exclusive membership for the same price that these newbies get in for. Just seems a bit of a slap in the face to the members such as yourself that a newbie who paid $50 can sit there in exclusive with just a handful of posts and you have over 5000.

I think Adam, Dan and the mods are doing a great job and things for the exclusives are starting to get real interesting. Hopefully they will reward guys like you and Bob (past moderator) for your past contributions with a special "exclusive" deal. I don't think anyone would whine at all.
Doc

Hiya Doc...I don't see where it offers different prices for upgrades and those for new members to exclusive. I just see a $350 upgrade...am I missing something?

tia

zoot

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Capt. Flash said:
Someone told me they picked up their "Exclusive" membership for 70.00 at eBay. Seems some here got two memberships for the price of one and are allowed to sell the second one. Anyone else know about this?
I agree, that the people whom participated in the begining to make this forum respectable should benefit a discount. After all in the begining we all had to endure mods, members and owners using multiple Id's, having our threads trashed with personal attacks and all kinds of monkey business before the current owners took over and actually developed the site.

Everyone should know about the second memberships already.
You as a plat member got a free platinum membership to sell or giveaway.
Exclusives got a free membership to sell or giveaway.
It is in "Invite a friend" on the top left hand side of every page.
There should be a box there to tick for Use invite
The catch is you cannot invite an existing member

The motives for this giveaway were admirable, IMHO
To get new people into the forum
The reality is that is is a kick in the teeth to ppl like uncle

Uncle, who has contributed enormously to this forum over a long period of time, is expected to shell out $350 to upgrade from plat to exec.
Meanwhile a 14 year old , who has never been a member, gets an exclusive for free and we get to enjoy the nature of a 14 year old's posts
Someone else gets one ( an exclusive) for $50 on ebay
Just wait for the first scam by an exclusive member
Yeah they are verified. So what? that won't bother a tea leaf.

And someone else, who is a gold silver or plat member, just changes their email and IP, and joins as a new member after convincing an existing exclusive they need it
The really absurd part about this , is that someone who joins as a free trial member to see what it will be like ( bronze aren't they) is excluded from buying a exclusive membership on the cheap ,...( Unless of course they fudge the personal details the email and IP)... because they would be upgrading

Personally, I don't really want all the stuff that comes with exclusive, however I just can't help but feel something when someone who has been a member gets an exclusive through deception or someone who hasn't been a member gets one through good luck for free or really cheap

It would appear the free exclusive memberships would be worth a lot more if platinum members could buy them as upgrades. So the exclusive members themselves are disadvantgaed by the current system

Of course one other thing about the free invites is that has has encouraged members of any kind to invite themselves. In fact because the frees were offered, Umm I think 3 times, there may be some members lurking with up to 8 memberships. Did I get the math right there.
Where is Mole anyway?
All of the above is posted in the spirit of active discussion encouraged by Adam in a sticky recently and I hope it doesn't sound like I an whinging. I will leave that task to the English.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This thread was not about active discussion on whether the invite system is right or wrong, wilco's thread is being hijacked by those with soapboxes.
Please limit your posts to the specific question wilco asked and not to voice your feelings about the invite system.
In practice anyone who is not an Exclusive member cannot really answer the question.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is indeed worth it.
If for nothing else, the ability to be able to 'see' and 'hear' what Mr. Adam has to say...
I will not comment on the other topics, regardless of what I think because, I agree with Mr. W., that this was not the question (a new thread with that Q would be different).
I prefer to be close to someone who knows what he/she are doing than someone who he/she wish they could do............

Jonathan

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[mod]
Do not post further unwarranted comments in this thread - warning issued.
[/mod]

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
[mod]
Please ignore other's negative posts and help keep the thread clean.
[/mod]

unclewilco

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
YEs chaps if you can keep the thread to my original question i dont want my innocent thread to turn into something its not, so if you can take it outside ;-)

ta wlco

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How you get there seems to be irrelevant, the important thing is whether it is worth being there. It looks like it is from the threads posted. I'll blow the cobwebs off my wallet & see what I can do.

Mate, I just joined. Believe you me - it's worth it. Especially for Adam's handy hints

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JayK said:
How you get there seems to be irrelevant, the important thing is whether it is worth being there. It looks like it is from the threads posted. I'll blow the cobwebs off my wallet & see what I can do.

Mate, I just joined. Believe you me - it's worth it. Especially for Adam's handy hints
Congrats JK, mate
Thanks for the advice

JayK

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Joe

Cheers. My response is:

a) save your money. This won't be the Saints year
b) save your money. They've probably had enough already
c) save your money. Those .orgs ain't going anywhere
d) save your money. It will have been registered yesterday and you won't be able to transfer if from the dodgy registrar they're using
e) I like this idea
f) Good point, but as you have said before the Poms do it the best so leave it to them

That's enough from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom