Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is parked.com good for European traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sealover

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes, and also I want to ask someone if they pay on time.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have some french names that did ok there. I have also heard that Sedo is good for European traffic.

Parked does pay on time, and twice a month too.

sealover

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how about the wire payment, what's the minimum to be paid?

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Could someone share his/her observations about the performance of the European traffic at parked.com?

I have the same question so I am trying them out with several hundred ccTLD's now (although one that is NOT accepted is .BE...don't know why??)...
We'll see...I'll let you know...:smilewinkgrin:
So far I like this company...I'll see how they compare to SedoPro and others I use!

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I do not see how they could possibly be good with foreign traffic since they use a Yahoo feed and Y only wants US traffic!

I have alot of .ca's there and Canadian traffic performs well...
Don't forget, Parked also lets you specify an alternative url to redirect any rejected traffic.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parked.com does very well for ENGLISH speaking foreign traffic (.CA, .CO.UK, etc.).

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have alot of .ca's there and Canadian traffic performs well...
Don't forget, Parked also lets you specify an alternative url to redirect any rejected traffic.
Interesting, can you explain this? Why, where, and how would it be rejected and where would you redirect?

Thanks.

petrosc

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A name can be rejected for possible TM issues. You can redirect it to domain sponsor for example or any other parking service. Set the redirection, add the names to your alternative parking service and if it gets rejected by parked it will be forwarded there

I do not see how they could possibly be good with foreign traffic since they use a Yahoo feed and Y only wants US traffic!

not true - yahoo operates in many european countries as well. For example greece: yahoo.gr, or germany: yahoo.de and many other

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We currently have 2 different providers, hopefully will be adding #3 this week. But by default if you have a normal domain, with traffic from some of the largest countries that traffic goes to our Yahoo feed. Everything else, goes to our Ask feed.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why is it when I recently asked parked.com supt why my old domain reg'd since 1999 with nice targeted commodity futures market English language financial trader traffic had 55 uniques but not even 1 click in ages, yet the parked page looked good and was nicely keyword optimized, I was told this:

"...Most of the traffic was UK based.....We only control what Yahoo allows us to control in the "US" market. Only a few were "US" and of those few two were spiders." (Note: extracted from the supt response, not the entire reply).

Unless I am missing something, I read that to strongly mean their feed provider does not want anything except US traffic. After all, UK financial traffic is good quality and on a par with US so if they don't want UK they sure would not want other nations (such as Greece and Germany which petro mentioned).

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader, I think you have it wrong. This is how our system works today. If you had "tescoinsurance.com" we would allow you to change that to be "car insurance" or "tesco car insurance", this would be effective for US/CA and anything using Ask. But today, Yahoo requires us to use their results on a landing page not what we tell them. Without knowing the domain or seeing what the page looked like I couldn't really tell you if they had gotten it wrong or not.

We have a new feed from Yahoo which we are about to implement in the next week or so that will allow us to control the UK market as well. But no matter what just looking at a log file it's hard to tell if somebody just didn't like the traffic or not.

So yes, we do well with European traffic.

Donny

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader,
You have it so wrong, and let's see who knows more about our system, me or you? I will be more than happy to correct myself or correct somebody else, just let me know the ticket id or your username and I will be more than happy to take a look at it. If somebody has told you that we don't accept UK traffic, I will be shipping them to the UK.

Think about this, if somebody from the UK is hitting a domain about Chicago commodites exchange why would they be clicking out? Shouldn't they be looking for the UK commodities exchange?

And I still don't know what support ticket you are talking about, because I don't know your Parked.com username.

And let me explain one more time, Yahoo excepts traffic from the UK, on average with us, I just checked the CTR is over 48% for the past 3 days. The average RPC is actually higher than the US average for the past 3 days. And on average the UK has generated about 13% of our overall revenue the past 3 days.

Let me tell you a story. A very good friend of mine has a yahoo feed and a google feed. They were using the google feed for everything Yahoo wouldn't accept. During their last contract negiotations with Yahoo they said if Yahoo couldn't provide X they would move all international traffic to Google. Yahoo agreed. Yahoo didn't meet X so they moved everything including all of their UK traffic to Google. They had a 300% loss, hey kind of like Active Audience is having right now. I could tell you why they had the loss, but then somebody but tell one of them how to fix it. But what this shows is that Yahoo does pay and they like UK traffic. China, Russia, India, Turkey, Iran, Iraq, most of South America, most of Africa, and many others they don't pay for, but this is why we have a secondary feed.

Donny

eq78

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Interesting Donny but you can only lose 100% of something not 300% If I have $1000 I can only lose 100% or $1000 unless we are talking derivatives or trading on margin you cannot lose more than you had. So if they were doing 1,000,000 with Yahoo revenue can't go below 0 so they can only lose 100 %

I know I get Korean and Japanese traffic on one .tv does that go to ASK.com? sometimes the revenue good other times low but its cool its not a great domain or easy to monetize properly

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Korean and Japanese traffic should go to Yahoo not Ask by default. In some cases it could go to Ask though.

And you are correct, the drop was supposed to be 30% loss, I get a little carried away sometimes and I never reread my posts. I need to learn how to do that one day.

Donny

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
trader,
Think about this, if somebody from the UK is hitting a domain about Chicago commodites exchange why would they be clicking out? Shouldn't they be looking for the UK commodities exchange?

But I can be in UK at that moment but doing all my trade in Chicago Or another example, let say someone his at the airport in the UK in the way to US , decide to check out the services at airport waiting for his flight to Chicago , he can click service like limo services in Chicago or girls club in Chicago although his/her IP will show UK, Is that not valid click? or may be I get your explanation wrong, Or their system is fault!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom