Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is parked.com good for European traffic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's one thing if this happens every once in a while. But if 90% of your clicks to "chicago commodity exchange" over multiple days only comes from the UK. Something is wrong. Same thing that goes for "austin dwi", if all of the clicks are coming from los angeles or turkey it brings up flags, doesn't mean it's completely bad though. Just flags.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...Think about this, if somebody from the UK is hitting a domain about Chicago commodites exchange why would they be clicking out? Shouldn't they be looking for the UK commodities exchange?....

Earlier I decided to not participate in this thread and even edited out what I said in posts because did not feel like arguing about things I was specifically told as fact or I know were valid or non-valid. However, since you keep on raising new issues which are far from valid I am back again.

You and/or Yahoo are certainly not very well informed about international commodity futures or stock market trading. A good percentage of the trades made at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange are from international traders from many nations. The market at issue in fact is only traded in the US and not traded elsewhere but popular thruout the world, but even if it was traded in other nations the Chicago or New York Exchanges still would enjoy much of the worldwide business since the primary and most active markets are there for many different financial contracts traded by small traders.

Could that be why out of 55 uniques I got no credit for clicks since either parked.com or Yahoo were thinking along the lines of what you said and believing UK traders coud not possibly be really looking for US financial makets?

I am also beginning to think you or yahoo's position is causing the same issues involving other domains too, i.e. US city or state real estate sites where you may not count foreign visits on the odd view they should be looking at their own nations real estate, or state government sites where you may have an opinion the visitor from the UK could not possibly really want to visit a US gov site instead of a UK gov site. There are many more examples.

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
trader,
I really wish you would tell me who is telling you all of these secrets so I can figure out what they are telling you. I am the CTO of Parked.com, I know the ins and outs of our system.

You and/or Yahoo are certainly not very well informed about international commodity futures or stock market trading. A good percentage of the trades made at the Chicago Mercantile Exchange are from international traders from many nations. The market at issue in fact is only traded in the US and not traded elsewhere but popular thruout the world, but even if it was traded in other nations the Chicago or New York Exchanges still would enjoy much of the worldwide business since the primary and most active markets are there for many different financial contracts traded by small traders..
I was just using this as an example, sure people could be clicking on Chicago Mercantile Exchange from the UK. But would it happen 100 times a day, no likely, but it's possible. From our standpoint we don't stop people from clicking out on location specific terms, Yahoo may, but I have never seen them do it before, and I usually know what they will and won't pay for as far as clicks and I have never seen that come up before.

Could that be why out of 55 uniques I got no credit for clicks since either parked.com or Yahoo were thinking along the lines of what you said and believing UK traders coud not possibly be really looking for US financial makets?
Why don't you send me the domain and I will look and see. I think I asked for it before. But that's the only way for me to know anything.

I am also beginning to think you or yahoo's position is causing the same issues involving other domains too, i.e. US city or state real estate sites where you may not count foreign visits on the odd view they should be looking at their own nations real estate, or state government sites where you may have an opinion the visitor from the UK could not possibly really want to visit a US gov site instead of a UK gov site. There are many more examples
I just looked at some specific sites that I know that are country, city, and state specific, I looked for ones that had traffic outside, the country, city, and state and all of them were paid for. In one case a german domain had more clicks from the US then from Germany. So maybe your case if just a fluke, but I will hav to look at it to really give you an answer.

Donny

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Donny, I think the so called 'secrets' are coming from you but you somehow make is seem like I am the one who is saying it but in actuality you are the one who said it, not me. I never even thought of it let alone said it. Below is your quote:

Plus it was not an extreme 100/day as in your example but more like 55 uniques over the course of 2 weeks or so.

Originally Posted by donsimon....Think about this, if somebody from the UK is hitting a domain about Chicago commodites exchange why would they be clicking out? Shouldn't they be looking for the UK commodities exchange?....

...I was just using this as an example, sure people could be clicking on Chicago Mercantile Exchange from the UK. But would it happen 100 times a day, no likely, but it's possible.

In my case more like 4/day. Certainly far from excessive.

...Why don't you send me the domain and I will look and see. I think I asked for it before. But that's the only way for me to know anything

Really don't care to audit things and look at that domain as it is now water over the dam and is no longer with you anyway. All I care about is the earlier statement from both your supt dept and your own implication in this forum that UK traffic did not count since it was a US based financial name (and the strong indication Yahoo only wants and counts US traffic, which is what the supt ticket basically implied).

kellypitts@alltel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I say Kudos to Donny for answering every question under the sun from every domainer who ever asked him one. I'm sure it is a lot to undertake. No one else seems to do it quite like him.

Also, no system is perfect, but Parked seems to be knocking out the imperfections and adding features faster than any other system out there.

I think now we just need some higher Yahoo bids - that would help :)

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I say Kudos to Donny for answering every question under the sun from every domainer who ever asked him one. I'm sure it is a lot to undertake. No one else seems to do it quite like him.

Also, no system is perfect, but Parked seems to be knocking out the imperfections and adding features faster than any other system out there.

I think now we just need some higher Yahoo bids - that would help :)

DITTO!!
I CAN REALLY SAY NOW THAT PARKED.COM IS THE BEST PARKING PROGRAM I EVER USED! :yes: :D

brassneck

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We have a new feed from Yahoo which we are about to implement in the next week or so that will allow us to control the UK market as well.
Donny

Hi, has this happened yet? It doesn't ook like for the domains I checked.

Thanks
Stephen.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, if only Parked.com could get ads that show up in the language of the country the visitor is from (Italian for Italy, German from Germany, etc.)
Also if keywords could be chosen in different languages than English.
That would RULE!! :smilewinkgrin:

Donny Simonton

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi, has this happened yet? It doesn't ook like for the domains I checked.

Sorry it hasn't. There are still a lot of bugs we are trying to work out with Yahoo.

Yes, if only Parked.com could get ads that show up in the language of the country the visitor is from (Italian for Italy, German from Germany, etc.)
The ads already show up in the language the user is from. If you are in Germany, it should show German ads. I know it works in Japan, I just checked.

You can choose a keyword other than in English. It just depends on if our system will except it or not. We really need to add the option of allowing you to set the keyword by country or region. That would probably help quite a bit.

Donny

kellypitts@alltel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That would RULE!! :smilewinkgrin:

SDX, I was recently in Rio de Janeiro and checked some of my Brazilian Portugese domains and the ads showed up in Portuguese.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom