Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is Spam a registrar's jurisdiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Next to Lawyers they are the Scurge of the Earth

Do remind me never to be helpful to you.

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
Do remind me never to be helpful to you.

its my opinion, I am aware that it is somewhat of a collateral attack, but I made the comment therefore I must stand by it.

The comment was in fact without prejudice to members of the Forum, and to myself; having studied law for 4 years, I realised that I had too much of a conscience to practice, however the odd UDRP against me is entertaining and keeps me amused.

diverge

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
its my opinion, I am aware that it is somewhat of a collateral attack, but I made the comment therefore I must stand by it.

The comment was in fact without prejudice to members of the Forum, and to myself; having studied law for 4 years, I realised that I had too much of a conscience to practice, however the odd UDRP against me is entertaining and keeps me amused.

Four years? I thought law school was 3 years. Did you receive your J.D.? At what point does someone traverse from being a student of law to being a lawyer? Perhaps you feel passing the bar is requisite to becoming a lawyer? Or practicing? Sounds like a classic example of hating the thing you have become.

Lawyer jokes aside, I know some good lawyers, and I know some bad lawyers. Without lawyers, we would not have justice, but with them we have injustice. Spammers, on the other hand, serve absolutely no useful purpose. IMHO, spammers far exceed lawyers in both collective and individual "scourge" factor.

Or perhaps you meant "next to lawyers..." meaning, COMPARED to lawyers... "they are the scourge of the earth", meaning they are so much worse they pale in comparison. Why, John, I think he may have paid you a compliment.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
FLe8 said:
Spammers, on the other hand, serve absolutely no useful purpose.

Sure they do: they helped people formulate ways to beat their spam.

Spam filters, reverse DNS, SPF, domain keys, you name it. :-D

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
jberryhill said:
I went at night. It took four.

Wow, I take it all back.. Thanks J

I went to study contract law at college for 2 years and then spent another 2 years at University (Night School) studying Criminal Law at that point I dropped out for my own reasons.

RatherGood

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
diverge said:
Spammers, on the other hand, serve absolutely no useful purpose.

Actually the advertisers that pay the spammers find them quite usefull and would probablly disagree with you.

That being said registrar's should not be deactivating domains for the simple reason that they usually lack the competent front-line staff needed to properly evaluate spam complaints.

DNQuest.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
o...k...???

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom