Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is their room for more domain based forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snapous

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I just figure it's a sweet business! But are their already enough? I must say, that it would be extremely hard to beat dnforum.com!

system0

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i think there is
domainstate is alright

i think that any other forum will have difficulty beating dnforum though - both with quality and quantity of members

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snapous
I just figure it's a sweet business! But are their already enough? I must say, that it would be extremely hard to beat dnforum.com!

forums are a very labor intensive business, not just a matter of setting up site/software and raking in business

the reason that the two forums mentioned are functioning is because of tremendous effort by owners/moderators... who have to be part "Dear Abby" part detective (tracking duplicate IPs) and part talk show host and part fearless leader... very time consuming

for my two cents, think about the full cost/effort carefully before trying to set one up yourself

M

mole

Originally posted by DomeBase
for my two cents, think about the full cost/effort carefully before trying to set one up yourself

Money for nothing...and the chicks for free :D

T

Tee

I think if you are going to set up a forum competing with other similarly topiced forums, you need to offer something unique and interesting. With dnforum, you'll be competing with a forum that was there first (the .com syndrome), that has a long standing and loyal membership, and a forum that offers very unique things like its own money system that actually has a real value. Now that's unique and brilliant imo. So you need to overcome time and innovation. It's not impossible, but it would be very difficult and would require a lot of talent and luck and mucho dinero.

But, you might have an easier time if you nichefied your forum a little. Focus on a specific element like new tlds only, or some narrow aspect of domaining, and offer the best and most thorough services for your membership on that aspect. Also, try and offer something no other similar forum has like unique domain lists, tools or innovations like creating your own currency etc..

Whatever you do, it will probably cost some coin and time so plan well.

GL!

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole

Money for nothing...and the chicks for free :D

was it from the brothers in arms album?

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

No :D You're in the best place now - why go for second best?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Is there room? Well consider DNForum the penthouse. But there might be room in the water closet. :eek:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom