Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Is this domain worth purchasing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

infernostudio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a question that needs to be answer since I have had this come up on many occasions.

Sometimes when I mine for domains I come across some domains that I have some decent backlinks but most of the backlinks are from ID pages from a previously developed website. So the previously developed website was obviously using some kind of content management system and had many pages which where indexed by search engines.

The domain in question that I would like to show as an example is:

http://www.backlinkfinder.com/-URL-bewellgetbetter.com&www.bewellgetbetter.com.htm

If you take a look at the backlinks for Yahoo you will notice that is has over 447 for yahoo. It you dig in deeper you will notice that most of all links are from the previously developed website. It also has a PR 1 so I am guessing that it has some other websites linking back to this domain.

Is this domain for example worth purchasing if I was to expect any kind of traffic?

This domain is available at the time of me writing this and really don't care to purchase it or not. I just need some knowledge on this subject.

Thanks!

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
those backlinks are really only indexed pages, the domain does not really have any real backlinks on any other sites that would create traffic from real people. If anything the traffic that you would get from these kind of backlinks might be mostly bot traffic due to the high number of indexed pages.
What you should look for are good results in yahoo, google and alexa to see how many sites are still linking in from other pages.

This former website has only links coming in from link-exchange sites and borderline spam sites:

http://alexa.com/data/ds/linksin?q=link:bewellgetbetter.com&url=bewellgetbetter.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom