Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

is this how our domains get hacked?

Status
Not open for further replies.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We had some security issues in my internet cafe and it got me thinking about some of the flaws...

All these scamming emails we get from scammers, if we were to click on one of these LINKS provided in the emails, EVEN if the user doesn't fall for the scam and sign up can't the scammer get into our email account and hack our domain? I found when i copy and paste the exact link from my sedo when i am logged in to someone else on a completely diffrent pc even a person in a diffrent country, they too automatically login my account too, same as my webmail, until i logout and end the session the session id on our browser can be used to get in our accounts, now when you click on a domain from your email, some trackers can track the exact location you came from, i think this includes your session id too which allows the scammer to get into your account provided they do it in time before you logout...

How can that be prevented?

Domain Days 2024

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two years ago I noticed all my keystrokes were being recorded in a text file on the computer I was using.

Since then I've never used an internet cafe in Peru to log on to any of my accounts. It's inconvenient, but I just daren't take the risk again.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
IT Web Team said:
You should NEVER use internet cafe's to log in to any of the "sensitive" sites - MOST of them have keyloggers installed.

Yep, it's just asking to get robbed. Bring your own laptop and just hook it up. Even that could cause problems though if they have a LAN enabled packet sniffer installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom