Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Is webhostingtalk.com too strict?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
CSite.Net said:
does anon-e-mous get paid? he seems to be online 24/7 lol and checks Every post!
she

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I wasted time, resources and 12,000 posts on WHT - then they banned me during the US elections for bashing Dubya. There are some @nal mods there that ruin it for everyone else. Many serious contributors that I know of have left in the past months. That tells you something. If you need a serious alternative, try the Sitepoint Forums.

Zion

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yo radistar, I agree. I remember when you got banned and there was alot of people asking where you were, etc though.

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
RADiSTAR said:
I wasted time, resources and 12,000 posts on WHT - then they banned me during the US elections for bashing Dubya. There are some @nal mods there that ruin it for everyone else. Many serious contributors that I know of have left in the past months. That tells you something. If you need a serious alternative, try the Sitepoint Forums.

So that's what happened. I was wondering for the longest time why you got
banned.

Pleski

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've tried sitepoint and I have to agree sitepoint is much better. There seems to be a larger selection of templates and less people who are trying sell template monster templates that they downloaded off a kazaa.

petertdavis

Don't be afraid to see...
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yep, the moderators at Sitepoint sure are the best. Gotta agree with that. :D

domaintalk

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
petertdavis said:
Yep, the moderators at Sitepoint sure are the best. Gotta agree with that. :D
you are one of the moderators there lol :)

Ross1982

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have only been in toruble on WHT for having a long sig, but then I rarely post there and only browse a few of there forums on there and never go into general discussion unles I am asking something...I wanted to say something in some of there political threads but thought better of it.

I like Sitepoint a lot, people are friendly and rarely trash threads unles they have a VERY good reason and mods have been helpful, one is from little ol Kent here in England too, rare to find online.

labrocca

Omniscient
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WHT are butthead mods. I was banned too for getting snippy with a thread crapper. He can thread crap but I can't get annoyed? I got unbanned with an apology to the mods via email. Now I rarely visit or posts there unless I have sys admin issues. SP seems to be my overall favorite forums. It has the right mix of professionalism yet light moderation. I don't mind moderation but as least make rules that make sense.

SP also allows thread crapping but it's rare and comments are generally professional. I like the help I can get at SP for code and such too. The site design is pretty good but I wish they would add a forums jumpbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom