Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Its official, .us domain names are harder to sell than .ws domain names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dtobias
I guess for Western Samoan people, .ws is better? :)

No, .ws is better for anyone who doesn't meet the .us rules

Substantially more than the population of samoa

Good Luck with the .us names
I am sure they will sell well within the USA

Not worth a pinch outside USA because of the rules

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Anyweb,

Companies or persons outside the USA can register and use .us domains due to Nexus requirements #3. Nexus reqts. are listed below:

Nexus Category 1
A natural person (i) who is a United States citizen, (ii) a permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (iii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions.

Nexus Category 2
An United States entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or organized, or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof, and unincorporated organizations based in the United States).

Nexus Category 3
An entity or organization (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories.

If foreign entity, Applicant must state country of citizenship.
Check from category list, basis for compliance with Nexus requirement - regularly sells goods in the United States; regularly provides services in the United States; regularly engages in business activities, trade or other business (commercial or non-commercial including not-for-profit) relations in the United States;
Maintains an office or other property within the United States.

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thankyou hh
There are certainly a lot of people in the world who would not qualify
5.75 billion?

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The question to ask here is :--

" Who has more population with buying power - Americans or Western Samoans".

The answer is obvious.

Cheers !

LeDomain

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree with Anyweb, in that folks outside the US will hesitate to buy the .us name (regardless) of being legally able to. This includes small biz folks who may not have a presence in the US.

The question is will .WS be promoted accross the world, if not, the extension will not be valuable. Because folks outside US have their own country extensions and .com to remember, will they remember .ws.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by LeDomain
I agree with Anyweb, in that folks outside the US will hesitate to buy the .us name (regardless) of being legally able to. This includes small biz folks who may not have a presence in the US.

The question is will .WS be promoted accross the world, if not, the extension will not be valuable. Because folks outside US have their own country extensions and .com to remember, will they remember .ws.

.ws is garbage pure and simple.. dont even go into any tirades about how worthy it is ..it has been available for 3 years(thats 3 years of "promotion/spam) it was considered junk then and is still considered junk by MOST of the knowledgeable domain people.. besides .WS spams...

Hell, there isnt even a western soma..it's just soma...

The idea that "everybody" cannot reg a .US does not make it less valuable..it makes it MORE valuable....

If just "everybody" could mine diamonds ..then diamonds would be worthless.....much like .WS :D

That's my fun for the day..

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

.ws is garbage pure and simple..

:laugh:

Given the fact that .ws names are being used, and sold for more than the reg fee, I guess this could be open to interpretation.

Here is my interpretation:

1) Marketing sells names
2) Marketing creates traffic
3) Traffic can generate income if the site has decent content
4) The .ws actually can be marketed to mean something...Very hard to do with other "garbage" type ccTLD's.
5) Short, keyword .ws names are where it's at.
6) The cost of entry into this "risky" venture is minimal
7) Rewards can pay off big time with a little "elbow grease".
8) Refer back to 1 & 2 if all else fails.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom