Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

I've Never Felt Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The only thing bad about coffee, is it pisses off the non-coffee drinkers when they run out of steam, and you are still chattering away unfettered.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The only thing bad about coffee, is it pisses off the non-coffee drinkers when they run out of steam, and you are still chattering away unfettered.

If you haven't built up a tolerance, that is. I can pretty much drink a strong black coffee and go straight to bed.

If you drink a lot of coffee you should drink a lot of water (you should be doing this regardless).

woofard

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The type of program you follow, in regards to nutrition, is not a huge factor when it comes to losing/gaining weight; if that's what you are referring to with your results. At the end of the day, the body gains or loses weight depending on how many calories remain after your intake and expenditure levels. For example, if your daily lifestyle and body type requires you to consume 2500 calories to maintain your body weight, eating a 500 calorie deficit (2000 calories total) for a week will result in 1 pound, theoretically speaking. Therefore, choose whatever diet program you find easiest to maintain consistently.

I personally follow a program known as Lean Gains, which isn't really a diet, but more of how and when to consume your calories. It's a form of intermittent fasting. The paleo diet is one I prefer over the others, however, because I consume little to no carbs. You can also look into the ketogenic diet for a similar macronutrient-based program.

I for one am sooooooo glad to hear you as a personal trainer say this... LOSING OR GAINING WEIGHT IS JUST MATH. Thank goodness there was no suggestion to try some crazy supplements or all potato chip diet or the like! I find it humorous that when people find it hard to gain/lose weight they turn to silly diets -

"no meat for me, just fried pickles, sardines, black olives and ice cream diet and Cheetos dipped in toothpaste while wearing my scuba gear for desert..."

It's really all very simple:

Burn more calories than you consume = lose weight
Consume more calories than you burn = gain weight
And, keep an eye on nutrition, of course...

I commend and thank you av1atic for pointing that out!

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The coffee intake is a problem. Any suggestions?

How about going cold turkey on it? Just don't buy it and don't allow it in your house.

Rgds

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I for one am sooooooo glad to hear you as a personal trainer say this... LOSING OR GAINING WEIGHT IS JUST MATH. Thank goodness there was no suggestion to try some crazy supplements or all potato chip diet or the like! I find it humorous that when people find it hard to gain/lose weight they turn to silly diets -

"no meat for me, just fried pickles, sardines, black olives and ice cream diet and Cheetos dipped in toothpaste while wearing my scuba gear for desert..."

It's really all very simple:

Burn more calories than you consume = lose weight
Consume more calories than you burn = gain weight
And, keep an eye on nutrition, of course...

I commend and thank you av1atic for pointing that out!

It actually is very simple math, but the speed and efficiency of your results can vary a lot depending on your exercise regimen and diet.

Losing or gaining weight is 80% diet, 20% exercise. But you can't do it without either of those two components.

One of the diets av1atic mentioned is the Lean Gains diet. This diet essentially asks you to not eat until late in the day to maintain a 16 hour 'starvation' period. You eat your normal calorie intake otherwise, but just fit it into an 8 hour period. It works very well for people who are already in shape and want to maintain their current muscular mass without obsessing over food.

Another diet I've been following is the Paleo diet. It's a little difficult to pull off at first because of the lack of carbs, but the high protein content of the diet really helps if you are lifting heavy weights.

As for exercise, for anyone new to the gym, I wholeheartedly recommend a book called 'Starting Strength' by Mark Rippetoe. This book literally changed my entire approach to fitness.

Hal

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good stuff Sashas! Other than regular sports during the week I started to get hooked on walking long distances (preferably in nature). I guess it's one of the signs of aging, yet it feels great. I always hated walking, but when you start to appreciate the small things around while walking, it starts to become interesting.

Always liked walking, sometimes with podcasts, sometimes without. Also good to do some intermittent sprinting as part of a long hike.

More reasons for walking...
Kids who walk to school are fitter than peers who do not.
Older healthy adults who walk briskly live longer than those who don’t.
Healthy adult males who engage in short bouts of brisk walking experience lower resting blood pressure and postprandial triglycerides.
Regular walking improves working memory in older adults.
Walking improves longevity in women over 70 years of age.
Walking programs improve cognitive ability in people with Alzheimer’s.
From: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/the-definitive-guide-to-walking/#ixzz1x6zaFDru

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom