Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Janet Jackson's Breast.....??

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know if you caught the Super Bowl's half-time "show", but it hit a new low! Including lame, out of synch lip-synching, plenty of crotch-grabbing, and the international exposure of Janet Jackson's breast on TV in front of a billion viewers! As an American, I'm embarassed.

Besides domains, I'm also in the entertainment industry, and I think this hit a new low point. It was produced by MTV, and was totally lame. The worst half-time show ever! A dishonor to America, the NFL, and the players who worked so hard to get there.

Janet Jackson (weren't we over her long ago?)
P-Diddy (huh???)
Nelly (apparently has a SEVERE case of Jock-Itch, and needs singing lessons)
Kid Rock (believe it or not- the high point)
and
Justin Timberlake????? (maybe as part of his too-famous group, but solo??)

And then just to add some sour mustard to the moldy ice cream, Timberlake rips off part of Jackson's top- revealing the bare truth- that she ISN'T Michael Jackson, as some have suspected, LOL!

Compare that to the short, dignified pre-show. It included an amazing, animated performance by the Univ. of Houston Marching Band, the amazing singer Josh Grobin's moving tribute to the dead Space Shuttle Columbia's astronauts, and Beyonce's incredible rendering of the USA's national anthem. That was very classy, and made the cheap, trashy half-time show seem that much worse.

Maybe I'll stick to basketball. :-(

WebCat

Tony

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMAG000.GIF

The link for those who missed it. :eek:k:

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I concur - the show sucked. Not enough to get me to watch basketball tho. :)

CBS, et. al. are being investigated by the FCC now. We'll see what happens.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In a way I'm glad this happened. Parents can finally take note that this "hip hop, rap" culture is nothing but a bunch of trashing talking "rappers" who usually sing about degrading women, causing violence, and other stuff not worth mentioning. I don't think parents realized how bad this has gotten... until now.

I didn't see the half-time show as I'm not a big rap fan, but I'm sure if it was anything like you normally see on MTV, it wasn't worth watching.

DotLeader

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
In a way I'm glad this happened. Parents can finally take note that this "hip hop, rap" culture is nothing but a bunch of trashing talking "rappers" who usually sing about degrading women, causing violence, and other stuff not worth mentioning. I don't think parents realized how bad this has gotten... until now.

I didn't see the half-time show as I'm not a big rap fan, but I'm sure if it was anything like you normally see on MTV, it wasn't worth watching.

:laugh:

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yawn..the show sucked so what..JJ flashed a a boob ..so what..
every single night on american television much much more is shown..and even more so in the UK. change the channel ..you are in control

What's disgusting is the way the media and people like Matt Drudge (who by the way went so far as to make blowup pictures of JJ's boob) all try and profit off something Sooooooooo lame..

I find the profiteers much more disgusting then janets boob..

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
Yawn..the show sucked so what..JJ flashed a a boob ..so what.. What's disgusting is the way the media and people like Matt Drudge (who by the way went so far as to make blowup pictures of JJ's boob) all try and profit off something Sooooooooo lame..

I find the profiteers much more disgusting then janets boob..
Small misunderstanding in your logic here, bidawinner.

If it's ok to do it, why is it bad to blow it up or to report on it? That seems inconsistant.

CuriousCat :wink:

RMF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The superbowl is the only football game I watch each year. Usually I look forward to the halftime show, but not this year. I didn't pay much attention to the show. I'm not a big fan of the music that was playing (If you can call it music).

What janet did was very inappropriate. The superbowl is a family show. I know my cousins who are between the ages of 5-11 all watched it. I know they pick that stuff up elsewhere, but that doesn't make it right. Many families protect their young children from things like that, and they shouldn't have to worry about singers getting naked during the halftime show.

RMF

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
Small misunderstanding in your logic here, bidawinner.

If it's ok to do it, why is it bad to blow it up or to report on it? That seems inconsistant.

CuriousCat :wink:

not inconsistent at all...the whole issue is boring..bet you have the media trying trying to MAKE it a big deal to increase their viewer ship and revenues.. Matt Drudge took that one step further and even blew upthe picture..this si the same person whho with his buddy Rush Limbarf will tell you that what she did was outragous , disgusting immoral and every other pontificative nonsense they can add..and YETtttttttttt ..they'l do everything they can to PROFIT of it ! they'l talk about for the next 2 weeks and blow up even largere pictures all the while telling how evil it is :laugh:

thats really all I am going to say before this gets to political..

bottomline..her breats showed for 2 seconds but the wHolier than thous will play it for weeks if not months.. i

t's very clear which is more disgusting

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TIVO, the company that licenses those at-home digital video recorders has reported that that moment was played and replayed millions of times by disbelieving viewers, breaking all previous records by a mile!

And the really spooky part is- I never dreamed they were MONITORING what their customers are watching! Now THAT'S scary!

"The Super Bowl, brought to you by Big Brother!"

WebCat

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
TIVO, the company that licenses those at-home digital video recorders has reported that that moment was played and replayed millions of times by disbelieving viewers, breaking all previous records by a mile!

And the really spooky part is- I never dreamed they were MONITORING what their customers are watching! Now THAT'S scary!

"The Super Bowl, brought to you by Big Brother!"

WebCat

:laugh: yeah I heard that also ..

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
the show was all old crap - and bad crap - didn't it seem so 1999? lol, anyway - was boring, even with the boob.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also interesting to note that no one is talking about the streaker who was out on the field for the 3rd quarter kickoff.

They showed him for a few seconds doing the riverdance (or some Irish jig) before cutting away to the expression of shock on Teddi Bruschi's face. :cheeky:

Seems like they're treating it as a publicity stunt by Janet and feeding right into it.

UPDATE: Just found a pic of the streaker... he was a publicity stunt for goldenpalace.com (the gambling site). IIRC thats the same site that sponsored the Fox channel's "Celebrity Boxing"

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear that next year, it's going to be broadcast on the Playboy Channel! :goofy:

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

History will tell that rap music is the next best thing after e-mail which actually saves TEXT from being lost forever from the domination of IMAGE. Of course, there are always silly "rappers" as there are silly "rockers"; just like you can't compare Justin Timberlake to Emerson, Lake and Palmer.

For the uninformed, try "The Roots".

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parents can finally take note that this "hip hop, rap" culture is nothing but a bunch of trashing talking "rappers" who usually sing about degrading women, causing violence, and other stuff not worth mentioning.
And Rock and Roll is all about "promiscuity", "perversion", "other stuff not worth mentioning". Throw R&B and much of that risque Jazz in there too. While we're at it, let's reverse the negative associations connected to book burning. Not enough of it happening these days. Ruining our youth and the morality of tomorrow. Someone has to put a stop to it before its too late.

Meanwhile, on topic... regarding the SuperBowl, I completely agree that that was a sad instance. I don't hear much confirmation, but I get the impression that MORE than what was supposed to came off when Justin grabbed the custume. The expression on her face in many of the freeze frames seems pretty horrified to me... and not in a flattering way. Could be either way of course, but I think they screwed up, as that result was not very flattering to anyone. The disgrace of it all is then fairly agreed on.

~ Nexus

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Janet Jackson is a Ho! - I would not screw her with Giant's schlong, unless Home Depot paid me to attach a two by four to my ass!

Kidding aside -- This is what all the kids were talking about today.

The 12 year old boy who lives one house over asked me today what a Pastie is.... I said to ask your father I have to eat dinner :)

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I found the show entertaining...
Is there a problem with an accident (if it was)?

Classic, I don't think Janet is a "Ho".

Pastie = unhealthy? lool :-D

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh no.... a boobie! What will we do? :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom