Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Joe's Banning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MattyP

In response to realnames curiosity about the circumstances of Joe's banning I thought I would take a half hour out of my lazy Sunday and get realnames and other members up to speed on why he was banned.

When Joe first joined DnForum the mods were warned in advance of Joe's activities at other discussion forums by members with previous experience of Joe.

While not ignoring the members that emailed or PMed us we decided that Joe was welcome to be a member of DnForum as long as Joe conformed to the rules and regulations of this site.

Unfortunately Joe, despite numerous warnings from the mods, slowly but surely posted unsuitable statements/comments ranging from threats to racism.

Joe in the end was not banned by any one mod, it was agreed unanimously that he had to go considering the warnings he had received, the quality of his posts and the complaints from members.

Us mods do not take banning someone lightly. It is most often discussed at length and all avenues are explored before we take the final step of banning.

Sometimes there is no option than to immediately ban a member that self destructs for whatever reason as in the case of the QuietQuality episode.

Few members have been banned from DnForum. Those that have ( and their alias's ) have given the mods no other choice than to ban them as their behaviour will not be tolerated by us or other members of this fine site.

I hope this appeases you realnames and the other members curious as to why Joe was banned.

BTW realnames. The reason you can't see Joe's or other banned members posts is for the very reason of their banning. They are unacceptable for viewing by members and guests that visit this site.

Matt

Excellent explanation Matty P. I was watching the "Joe episode" as it unfolded, and felt you did the right thing. Now that I learn you provided him with repeated warnings about his unacceptable postings, I feel even more certain that the right action was taken, and that it was done in the right way.

You, Dan and the rest of the mods have created a first-class business environment at DNForum.com, and your calm, patient, professional methods and communications are to once again be congratulated.

Miles

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Still I do not like the issue that members are being banned here.

M

MattyP

Managers never like their players being banned. Sometimes though, the players give the officials no choice.

Matt

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
> SirAlexFerguson: Still I do not like the issue that members are being banned here.

I guess you haven't seen some ex-members gone totally crazy by posting senseless, meant-to-stir messages here (more than a dozen in 24 hours). How about the idea of NOT doing anything when someone starts a shooting spree in your neighbourhood? Sometimes, we do need some policing, no matter how reluctantly :-(

M

mole

Didn't realise you giggled, Matt, what with your mustacho and all that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom