Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Just got an e-mail for one of my domains, WHAT DO I DO?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kingdon

Here is the situation, just got this e-mail from someone who's interested in one of my domain names. The domain name is also the name of their company. How should I respond and what should I say, any suggestions would be appreciated.

Here is the e-mail minus the name.

Hi

I am an executive at ***** Inc. We are distributors of *******. I see you have the domain name *****.com registered and are not actively using it. May I ask how or when you came about registering this name or if you are interested in giving up this domain name.

Thanks

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Congrats on having a serioulsy interested buyer!

Remember, do NOT get greedy. Ask yourself what you would have taken for the name a week ago. Maybe add 25% to allow yourself some room for downward negotiations.

Congrats.org and best of luck. :cool:

-Bob

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don, let them now you are a webdeveloper , you have "x" amount of projects going and have not gotten to at ***** Inc domain yet. That it is scheduled for development in April.

Let them know if they are seking to place an offer for the domain it must be before March 1 ..something along those lines..

Thanks them for there inquiry and let them make the next move..

they may come straigt back and make you an offer or they may come back and say tjhey are interested do you have a price on it... etc..

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would also be sure to check the trademark data and make sure they did not have a trademark BEFORE you registered the name. His wording sounds to me like he might be questioning your right to have the name in the first place.

K

kingdon

No Price on the page, just forwarded to my main wholesale site when they type in the domain name. They are a prety big company and have been in business for 50 years.

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
Iwould also be sure to check the tradermak data and make sure they did not have a trademark BEFORE you registered the name. His wording sounds to me like he might be questioning your right to have the name in the first place.

Yep, thats why I wouldnt mention a price right off the bat.. let them understand if THEY want to make an offer you will listen..

I got to get back to work.. I have a deadline for an article tommorrow...sure hate if the editor seen me goofing off in a DN forum..
D:

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I'd be careful wording your reply. It looks as if they are trying to get "bad intent" evidence. How and when are readily available in the reg details. I'd say you bought it to develop the site, thank them for their mail and see what happens. If it's low value, say you bought it for a friend, but he's been too busy to get started on it.

DomainGoon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
They don't ask if you want to sell it, they ask if you want to give it up. Not a good sign.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
I got to get back to work.. I have a deadline for an article tommorrow...sure hate if the editor seen me goofing off in a DN forum..
D:

Bid - it's a good thing that post was made during your lunch hour or I would have had to dock you a week's pay! :)

Don, I PM'ed you some info on this domain.

K

kingdon

Thanks Duke, I put this in the legal section, I think it's a winner! But then again I'm the half full type of guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom