Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Just got of the phone with YPN...

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrizG

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
labrocca said:
I 100% agree that US traffic is the desired traffic of MOST advertisers so why bother with 3rd rate countries. When the other countries do catch up then maybe policies will change.
You and Yahoo might be surprised on what traffic from this so called 3rd countries can do (high xxxx a month for me) and also anyone who thinks waiting for them to catch up and then change policies or get on that train is gonna miss it.

Also what about Americans not living in the US? People traveling on business, retired people living on other countries, soldiers maybe, volunters? That traffics should be as valuable as US traffics, or so I think. That part of their policy doesn't make sense, at least not to me.

Regards,
Kriz G.

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and when someone with a computer in Turkey clicks on an ad, how is YPN supposed to know if it's an American overseas or just a Turkish teenager?

MrDude

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
and when someone with a computer in Turkey clicks on an ad, how is YPN supposed to know if it's an American overseas or just a Turkish teenager?

2 buttons, Are you from us: Yes No

har har

Seriously, Yahoo needs to either accept international traffic or filter it out themselves.

dsturbed

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
AmericanBulldog said:
I think you are all misinterpreting that. It does not say no to non us traffic, it says your site should be designed for the US market, that goes along with them only accepting americans for YPN for the time being.

I was thinking the same exact thing. That was the premise behind me hoping on the phone, soon as I heard about it. But, according to YPN, its not only that your site be designed for the US market, but that your site must implement geotargeting when using their ads

If any site that is getting traffic from outside the US, like I explained to them a couple of my sites were, then I must either implement geotargeting or take the ads down. :'( Which almost made no sense to me... But, hey it's beta AND they pay more than Google!

HTH

SouthernTn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you want ads on a non forum environment, I have the right code for you to implement the geotargeting for.

profecy

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How long does it take to get into YPN? I submitted several sites that meet their TOS about a month ago and have yet to get accepted. It's kind of frustrating because I could be making much more than with adsense...

VisualDigits

The One
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It takes about 3-5 weeks to get accepted.

denny007

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
US traffic is the desired traffic of MOST advertisers so why bother with 3rd rate countries

I see, any other country than US is 3rd rate...thats a big head !

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom