Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Just joined the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The one thing you DONT want to do, is invest your money in a speculative TLD or IDN, especially when you just left the starting gate, stick with .com, .net, & .org's for now, then when your better established, you can venture off into other TLD's.

I would focus on buying some revenue generating domains to keep you a float, the money you earn from parking will allow you to buy more domains and build your portfolio......Good luck! ;)

Obviously this person has very limited funds. So...buying "revenue" generating ASCII domains is probably not going to happen at reg fee.

My recommendation as stated above is to speculate a little bit (lets say he is buying 10 domains for $70). Buy 8 ASCII domains...and maybe 2 IDNs. The IDNs still available today are pretty awesome names, browser support for them is just around the corner, that is clear.

In the last few days I registered zoo.com in Thai, and digitalcamera.net in Arabic, and jade.com in Japanese.
I think that for my $ 20.97 investment there is some pretty good upside, don't you think?

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
how did you pick up digital camera. net so late in arabic

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how did you pick up digital camera. net so late in arabic

I picked it up behind a for sale post by an Arabic idner. Probably 2 ways to spell it
(like the word "pyramid" in Arabic) but this one had good all around stats (774,000 google)
and plenty of google pics of digital cameras. Here is the term in Arabic script
الكاميرا الرقمية

IMO a few of these better terms are worth sitting on for 2-3 years at $7 a year in a mixed portfolio
with ascii domains as well. My strategy is to diversify but also include some speculation in IDNs
that could pay off in spades.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom