Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Just registered a domain with 2909 ovt w/ ext

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very interested to see the stats when ya get them

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
oh well, still early since the DNS just propogates, but it doesnt look like it gets alot of traffic...

if any of you want to buy the name (I am sure you could resell it for a ton) just send me a PM...

its funny because several similar names (this is a typo of another name) get very high OVT scores as well...

if you want to buy a name with 2909 ovt w/ extension, send me a PM with your ideas.

mike031

WannaDevelop.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
don't mean to intrude or anything but what good is a domain with lets say an alexa ranking of 10,000 or an overture of 30,500 or 500,000 links on google but little to none traffic? definitely not worth "a ton" if at all the reg fee in my opinion'

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
it is worth what a buyer is willing to pay...what do you think a name like this would go for on Ebay?

Obviously, I was happy with myself because I found the domain, that in itself was a confidence boost. If nothing else, I will put it on Ebay and see what happens.

Still has the potential to get great traffic, I will give it two more days before I officialize my traffic data.

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Like I read in your sales thread it is a two word and has - in between.
This domains are worth nothing, because they don`t get any traffic. I gave up reg. them long time ago.
Stuff

NameTower

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
stuff said:
Like I read in your sales thread it is a two word and has - in between.
This domains are worth nothing, because they don`t get any traffic. I gave up reg. them long time ago.
Stuff
Right.
Overture w/extension with no traffic is worth 0.
I was stupid enough to pick up a name with 300ish overture last month and it has no traffic. I paid around a few hundred $ for the name on the basis that there would be typein traffic to the name. I was just in a buying mood and wanted to get the name so I posted sold prior to do research on the name (wrong way to do it).
Personally in my opinion I will not sell this domain name to anyone simply because selling it is deceiving the public that there is a chance that there is traffic on the name when I know that there is not.
I hate to break it to you GT, but unless the site that it is a typo of has a - in it, there won't be any traffic.
For example: Free Games.com/Free-Games.com
overture for freegames.com 4190
overture for free games.com/Free-Games.com 3559
Do you really think that the hyphen name gets 90% as many typeins as the non hyphenated name?
Just some food for thought :)
I hope that it does have traffic though.
- Jordan

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would not be deception if I clearly stated this domain had no measured traffic at the time of the sale. As long as I am not trying to claim it has traffic I am alright.

JEsports

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not necessarily ... I have had and currently have a few dot .com's with a hyphen that get a decent amount of type in traffic. But you never know for sure unless you own the name to test it.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I also thought I'd found something special when I got some - overture domains
They get a bit of traffic, but not enough to validate the reg fee really.

FusionX

Platinum Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NameTower said:
Right.
Overture w/extension with no traffic is worth 0.
I was stupid enough to pick up a name with 300ish overture last month and it has no traffic. I paid around a few hundred $ for the name on the basis that there would be typein traffic to the name. I was just in a buying mood and wanted to get the name so I posted sold prior to do research on the name (wrong way to do it).
Personally in my opinion I will not sell this domain name to anyone simply because selling it is deceiving the public that there is a chance that there is traffic on the name when I know that there is not.

- Jordan

The same thing happened to me also and now I keep off from buying such names without proper research. I was tempted to sell off the name right after I realized that the domain received very little traffic (the domain had no hyphens), but as Jordan suggested I also thought that it may be similar to deception, hence let it go.

Just my 2 cents.

FusionX

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I still think its a great $8 investment and I have already had a $100 from someone who knows full well what the traffic is like.

I am trying to decide whether to list it on Ebay or just sell privately, one thing is for sure - I have had more PMs asking for this name than I have for any other sale.

alright, I will now post the PM I sent the interested parties:

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Domain name is: silly-rabit.com

Some other similar names that score very high on overture (these are taken):
sillyrabbit.com
silly-rabbit.com
sillyrabit.com

Thank you,
Daniel Sitar

-----------------------------------------------------------------

if you are interested please send me a PM with your offer

scottatmu

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT ... either way, congrats! Maybe it doesn't get the traffic, but the fact you found the domain, and doing it by hand, it an accomplishment by itself!

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks Scott :)

Didnt work out the way I wanted, but it got me excited for a few hours...and gave me some new ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom