Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Just wondering about the logging in issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I submitted a ticket but when I checked it the other day it was closed and I am still having the issue. I did reply to support but have not heard back. Has anyone had this issue fixed? It is very annoying...

Upvote 0

compubahn

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just deleted the cookies for dnforum. Everything has been working properly since.

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks cbe, that seems to be working for me now, it would have been nice if the support people had mentioned this...

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What problems were you having? The one I am having its that it won't keep me logged in ... I have to log in everytime I come back. Pain in the rear.

bdss

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have the same prob...how do you get it rectified ?

PeterMan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That was the problem I was having, I took cbe's advice and deleted the cookies for DNForum and then I logged in, it has remembered me since...

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What problems were you having? The one I am having its that it won't keep me logged in ... I have to log in everytime I come back. Pain in the rear.

Same here Zoot - but no one answers the support line.

I am very frustrated especially when mods keep closing down threads that complain about it...LOL

Is this Red China?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue...deleted the DNF cookies and it seems to be working properly again.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
With a tech issue it is best to PM Giantdomains directly, that way it doesn't get lost in threads.

-=DCG=-

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still having the problem here too (using Safari browser). Deleting cookies doesn't fix it. I already gave detailed info to GiantDomains, and created a ticket.

The problem seems to happen only on DNForum, and not on other vBulletin boards, so I suspect some DNForum mod/add-on/customization is to blame.

I was looking at the individual cookies (via Safari's Preferences-->Security menu), and comparing them to other vBulletin boards. Other vBulletin boards seem to set a "bbpassword" and "bbuserid" cookie. However, DNForum doesn't?

Also, DNForum sets __utmc and __utmb cookies, however their "Expires" are blank and today, respectively (maybe one of those or both should be a different expiry length?). The bbsessionhash cookie also has a blank expiry.

It could be that Safari interprets a blank expiry different than other browsers?

The full set of cookies that I see being set by DNForum are:

.dnforum.com sets: bblastactivity, bblastvisit, __utmc, __utmb, __utmz, __utma, bbsessionhash, bbthread_lastview

and www.dnforum.com sets: IDstack, leaderboard_domains

That looks like 10 cookies in all.

LewR

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Still having the problem here too (using Safari browser). Deleting cookies doesn't fix it. I already gave detailed info to GiantDomains, and created a ticket.

The problem seems to happen only on DNForum, and not on other vBulletin boards, so I suspect some DNForum mod/add-on/customization is to blame.

I was looking at the individual cookies (via Safari's Preferences-->Security menu), and comparing them to other vBulletin boards. Other vBulletin boards seem to set a "bbpassword" and "bbuserid" cookie. However, DNForum doesn't?

Also, DNForum sets __utmc and __utmb cookies, however their "Expires" are blank and today, respectively (maybe one of those or both should be a different expiry length?). The bbsessionhash cookie also has a blank expiry.

It could be that Safari interprets a blank expiry different than other browsers?

The full set of cookies that I see being set by DNForum are:

.dnforum.com sets: bblastactivity, bblastvisit, __utmc, __utmb, __utmz, __utma, bbsessionhash, bbthread_lastview

and www.dnforum.com sets: IDstack, leaderboard_domains

That looks like 10 cookies in all.

George, same here as well - I deleted the cookies and I still need to log in every time. I will tell you this, it will cut down on browsing and sales as it only seems to be a problem at DnF

Oh well,

Gabriel

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am agree the login problem was very annoying. I was thinking it was only me. Deleting the cookies has been the solution.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tested on both Firefox and IE latest version.
Delete cookies zillion times and I still have to log back in every 30 minutes.

Agreed this is not VB problems as I never had any problem with other forums.

John

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
All vb settings are correct. You can try:

1. Delete all cookies and files.
2. Reboot
3. Do a hard refresh (press your browser's Refresh or Reload button while holding down the Control key on DNF homepage).
4. Login with "remember me" checked.

If that doesn't fix fill out a support ticket with browser info because it is either a problem with your browser setting or a problem beyond vb settings.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains: It must be a problem with one of DNForum's add-ons/mods/customizations, as it definitely doesn't happen on other forums that use vBulletin. That's the place to look.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Something is weird!

I logged on from two different computers.
Same setup & browser.

One is ok the other one keeps kicking me out and I have to log in all the time?

Just want to give more information to see if we have any clue?
VB drops the cookie at the wrong folder? so when it checks at the right folder - it's nor there?
The thing that bothers me is I access ton of VB forums with no problem. Only DNF????

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If it happens on one computer and not the other with the same browser it's most likely the settings of your broswer. The vB settings are very very basic and they are correct.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I figure out what the problem was.

I try to delete the cookies from the browser itself (Tools, etc...) it seems to be ok. If I delete from Windows explorer then the problem came back.

My theory is still right. The browser stores the cookies somewhere and not under the cookies folder.

So fas it is good for an hour now - normally I have to log back once every 30 minutes.

So the solution is to delete the cookies from Tools from the browser - NOT Windows Explorer.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GiantDomains: It's not the vBulletin settings that are likely at fault, nor our computers (my system works fine with other vBulletin boards, as others here have posted). One should look at the MODS / ADD-ONS / CUSTOMIZATIONS.

Other vBulletin boards only have 2 cookies, not the 10 that DNForum is using. It's not like the folks who are posting in this thread are all newbies.

To track down the error, probably one needs to setup a mirror of DNForum somewhere, using an unmodified version of vBulletin (i.e. default installation). Then add back each mod one at a time, and check the browser issue after each change. Once it starts messing up again, you've found the bug.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think I figure out what the problem was.

I try to delete the cookies from the browser itself (Tools, etc...) it seems to be ok. If I delete from Windows explorer then the problem came back.

My theory is still right. The browser stores the cookies somewhere and not under the cookies folder.

So fas it is good for an hour now - normally I have to log back once every 30 minutes.

So the solution is to delete the cookies from Tools from the browser - NOT Windows Explorer.
Thanks for posting the fix. Yes, it's always good to make sure to delete all cookies. This does fix this issue, as other have posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom