Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Kathy Griffin sues owner of KathyGriffin.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorkside

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

George Verdugo

Seasoned Domainer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
kathy sucks BIG

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
i never liked her....now i know why.

DomainScoop.Com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
well, its domainer fault who gave this option to file a lawsuit.

other words, domainer had thought, he had done the right thing, may be she will help him, but she is not that nice!!!

Kathy Sucks anyways
~

TLDN

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
{she} just won another Emmy for her reality show, "My Life on the D-List,"
{she}was contacted in July by the owners offering the site for sale for $3,500
The site, registered to Ttrafficz.com, featured the words "Kathy Griffin standup comedian" and "My Life on the D-List."

And why is Kathy Griffin in the wrong? That IS cybersquatting. Their BS actions is what gives our industry a bad name, bad rep, and the owners deserve everything that comes their way.

allanh

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
who is Kathy Griffin ?

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Looks like it just dropped in July. I wonder how much it went for. Looks like it has some decent traffic.

SeatBeltPads.com

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
she wont get any money, maybe the domain only because on the site/page there were refences to her specifically - and she'll spend more than the $3500 asking on legal expenses - IMO she fails. Domainer can show there any many more KathyGriffens and he may be reserving to sell to one of them...either way Stars are stupid for not having their own names sooner. My friend sold miley cyrus her .com for $600 in 2006 and she/her reps were wining about the price - $600 thats recovered by what...400 cd sales that she may have lost to fans that ended up on the url and saw no trace of her official site...

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
She's a joke anyway...

Hurley4540

Hurley4540.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
she wont get any money, maybe the domain only because on the site/page there were refences to her specifically - and she'll spend more than the $3500 asking on legal expenses - IMO she fails. Domainer can show there any many more KathyGriffens and he may be reserving to sell to one of them...either way Stars are stupid for not having their own names sooner. My friend sold miley cyrus her .com for $600 in 2006 and she/her reps were wining about the price - $600 thats recovered by what...400 cd sales that she may have lost to fans that ended up on the url and saw no trace of her official site...

LOL!

This makes me laugh a multi-million dollar group complains about a mere $600...I could understand if this was an Average-Joe but for Miley Cyrus...come 'on! That's nothing to them, they can make that off 1/16 of ONE concert!

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

"She wont get any money..."

Look, if she pays good $ to the jerk whose squatting on her name, then she'll eventually have to pay every jerk along the way, including the registrant of .mobi and probably other extensions.

"Stars are stupid for not having their own names sooner."

Are you saying stars are supposed to try to beat a cybersquatting domainer to the registration or drop? Give me a break.

"My friend sold miley cyrus her .com ..."

That's nothing to be proud of. Your friend is a parasite, and gives domainers a bad name for a few hundred bucks.

...other words, domainer had thought, he had done the right thing, may be she will help him, but she is not that nice!!!~

No, she is not "that nice", nor should she be that nice. The domainer = jerk in this case, and you should recognize that. Perhaps you're in an environment where business is so cut-throat and people are so desperate that they'll eagerly screw a high achiever for a few shekels. If so, I feel sorry for you.

Yusio

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Look, if she pays good $ to the jerk whose squatting on her name, then she'll eventually have to pay every jerk along the way, including the registrant of .mobi and probably other extensions.

Are you saying stars are supposed to try to beat a cybersquatting domainer to the registration or drop? Give me a break.

That's nothing to be proud of. Your friend is a parasite, and gives domainers a bad name for a few hundred bucks.
1. Who's saying she has to buy up all of the extensions?
2. If she didn't get to it first that's her fault.
3. I would do the same thing.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

No, she is not "that nice", nor should she be that nice. The domainer = jerk in this case, and you should recognize that. Perhaps you're in an environment where business is so cut-throat and people are so desperate that they'll eagerly screw a high achiever for a few shekels. If so, I feel sorry for you.

Pretty funny to see you say that after seeing you post so many obvious tm'ed domains.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kathy Griffin should sue the person writing her jokes... she was much funnier years ago.

IMO

broe-foe

Account Terminated
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Pretty funny to see you say that after seeing you post so many obvious tm'ed domains.

Lot's of TM's on generic words. The difference is, I'm no cybersquatter. The creep approaching Kathy Griffin to sell her kathygriffin.com is the problem. The guy trying to sell outrigger boats at outrigger.info is not the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom