Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

KerryEdwards.com sold $100,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone.
KerryEdwards.com just sold for $100,000 today.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should I know who that is?

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can we get some kinda verification?

A link perhaps? This would be on CNN if they knew and could confirm. It would definitely help raise the profile of the industry even further.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameable said:
It would definitely help raise the profile of the industry even further.

Actually It would probably not bode well for the industry and may raise the questions of cyber squatting again. Large companies LOVE to play that card to their advantage because it just lowers their acquisition costs.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
http://www.kerryedwards.org appears to be an active site

What the KerryEdwards.org site will do next:

KerryEdwards.org has another online operation that will be announced in the nearest days. The project will again be not affiliated with any campaign and again delve into an area that cannot be easily handled by official campaign sites.

Sub

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is, at best, very lucky indeed!

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
clemzonguy said:
Actually It would probably not bode well for the industry and may raise the questions of cyber squatting again. Large companies LOVE to play that card to their advantage because it just lowers their acquisition costs.

Looks like my prediction has already come true.....

Election brings windfall for cybersquatter
http://cooltech.iafrica.com/technews/334209.htm

That is pretty crude to call a person a cybersquatter when he registered the domain for his son whose name happens to be Kerry Edwards. Very bad taste indeed but more demonization to further a larger agenda.

Sharpy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whois-Search said:
Still forsale on Sedo

doesn't he become a cybersquatter when hes trying to make money out of John Kerry ? If John Kerry was called Fred Jones would the name still be worth 150k ;)

So if I understand you, if the ticket in 2008 is Henry Whois & Samantha Search and they offer you 150K for whois-search.com, you're not selling?

mayor

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am trying to sell bushcheney2004.info on ebay now... think there will be any takers?

biznews

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This Cybersquatter name is abused more than what it stands for. If he wants $1000,000 for it, its his right regardless of any particular reason he brought the domain. Popularity does not claim ownership. Legal title on property does. If John Kerry became famous, too bad for him. No one spoke of him few months ago either....

Whois-Search said:
Still forsale on Sedo

doesn't he become a cybersquatter when hes trying to make money out of John Kerry ? If John Kerry was called Fred Jones would the name still be worth 150k ;)

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Whois-Search said:
...doesn't he become a cybersquatter when hes trying to make money out of John Kerry ? If John Kerry was called Fred Jones would the name still be worth 150k ;)

Your confusing cybersquatting with price gouging. But it's not even gouging at this point.

Anyway, please disregard my first post in this thread. The seller did not cooperate with the sale.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
biznews said:
This Cybersquatter name is abused more than what it stands for. If he wants $1000,000 for it, its his right regardless of any particular reason he brought the domain. Popularity does not claim ownership. Legal title on property does. If John Kerry became famous, too bad for him. No one spoke of him few months ago either....

The guys name is Kerry Edwards. Not to be confused with cyber squater.

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
JoltHost said:
The guys name is Kerry Edwards. Not to be confused with cyber squater.

I think biznews agrees with you. Read his post again, and what he was replying to...

He's not calling Kerry Edwards a cybersquatter! He's saying he's not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom