Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

KerryEdwards.com sold $100,000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
potential? Yes, but it was never sold...

Offer comprises:
Domain Name kerryedwards.com without content.
Statistics: This offer receives an average number of 31 hits per day.

But that could be some webmasters looking at the status too. But it could be a lot of typin visitors too. I thought they were saying over a 1000 hits/day, but that does not look vary right.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sedo now reports 30 visits/day. If true is it any wonder it never sold for $150,000 or more? Based on only 30/day it would be more like a low 4 figure name rather than low 6 figures, and perhaps almost worthless by Dec.

It almost sounds like an error as it would seem to have significantly more traffic potential. In fact, I recall reading somewhere it was getting 50,000/day if I recall correctly but that info may have been wrong.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's what I thought too... I seem to think that the first day the announcement that Kerry was useing Edwards to try to pump his campain up, that the site received 50,000 hits! That would have been great, but 30 is peanuts! I would not buy it for more then 1K at that rate.

Now here is a great domain: http://www.scaryjohnkerry.com LOL!

WildCard

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
today it lists the domain as getting:

"This offer receives an average number of 19 hits per day."

I guess the owner got greedy and wanted more than $150k (if there really was an offer that high). Too bad. He'll be putting the pics of his kid up on it soon.

-WC-

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This situation reminds me of the 1999 heavy sale efforts involving Y2K.com during 1998 and 1999.

It was advetised for (from what I recall at the time) $5,000,000. I also remember it had a real offer of $1,000,000. (on eBay), which the greedy owner rejected, instead going for a fraudulent bid (also eBay) of $5,000,000. By the time eBay discovered the fraud bid the real $1,000,000 buyer changed his mind. (Not 100% positive about those numbers but believe they are correct).

To make a long story short on Jan 1 2000 the name became almost worthless due to the Y2K flop. Last I heard the name was for sale for low 4 figures. This can also easily happen with kerryedwards.com as of Jan 1 2005.

hotdog_pk

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
th einterview said that he had 200,000 hits in a day... and now parked at sedo is says only 16 hits per day. what gives??

1 day in a year with 200,000 hits averages 550 hits per day alone.

AndyM1988

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lucky people!
Whoever got that and sold it did good.

cogeek

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
cool, i wish i had 100,000

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"This offer receives an average number of XX hits per day" only refers to the page where one can place an offer. It has nothing to do with how many visits a domain receives. This number only reflects how many people click the "more details..." link.

websitedeveloper

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're welcome

BTW I really like your avatar! Everytime I see it I smile... thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom