Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

KerryEdwards.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicpal

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
URLtrader said:
Well, I sold EdwardsKerry.com through sedo for xxxx Euros and funds are on the way to me. :-D

URLtrader

Was that an overseas buyer?

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
nicpal said:
Was that an overseas buyer?

I have no clue because he/she has not updated the whois.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
gogeorge said:
Newspapers report that the name did not sell on Saturday.

That's right. Sedo could not sell the domain. There were some potential buyers, but they were not willing to pay $150,000. Well, Sedo wanted to sell the domain for around $300,000 though...

A press speaker of Sedo said, that they are in negotiations with these interested parties now and they try to settle with them at a price near $150k. I doubt they'll be successful.

Although Sedo could not sell the domain, there was one positive aspect for them: they were in the news all over the world.

SONICdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MediaHound said:
Watch when it never commands what it was worth.
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=58679

SEDO did get its name all over the papers, but now it's embarassing itself with it's inability to close the sale.

If I were Kerry Edwards I would have farmed out the sale to DomainSystems, SEDO, Afternic, and GreatDomains. Get the domain in as many outlets as possible == extra traffic == extra $$$ from traffic + more bids.

The article says in 3 weeks traffic went up to 400,000. 400M?? Based on my KerryCampaign.com domain parking July at SEDO, with its 28% clickthrough rate at $0.09 with a sample size of over 700, his domain would have earned nearly $10,000 in the past three weeks.

If he truly believes Kerry and Edwards are going to win WHY SELL THE DOMAIN??
They (Kerry and Edwards) will have to run for re-election again in four years.

In four years, the market will have even fewer domains available, business people will have a better understanding of the importance of domain names, and in all likelihood the value of his domain will be higher. More importantly, he would earn decent $$$ from parking the domain over the next three months, maybe even hitting the $30,000 area.

No reason to sell now if he thinks Kerry and Edwards will win. If I were him I'd just sit and milk the traffic, waiting for offers in the six figures. If Kerry and Edwards win, I'd wait for offers in the $200k range, since I'll be able to milk the domain all throughout the four years, and especially in the months leading up to the re-election.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom