Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

KeyDrive acquires Moniker and SnapNames

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what remains of Oversee now ?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So what remains of Oversee now ?

Not much since they are selling off all their owned and operated names through Go Daddy now.

They got cash fo Snapnames and Moniker that they will need to pay Monty in his lawsuit.

Adam

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
When companies are run poorly, the exodus is always looming.
Consolidation is just another way of saying only the strong will surive by eating the week. ;)

Consolidation can also mean that the industry growth is limited. Not everyone will be making money like it used to be.

And the ones that are eating, are eating the weak and hungry.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Consolidation can also mean that the industry growth is limited. Not everyone will be making money like it used to be.

And the ones that are eating, are eating the weak and hungry.

This happens in all businesses, only the strong or well managed survive.

Adam

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hope Monty gets the money. However, from reading about the case on various blogs and some court rulings it appeared like Oversee was rather easily winning the case and Monty had many of his motions denied with many Oversee motions approved by the federal court (but I may be wrong).

Not much since they are selling off all their owned and operated names through Go Daddy now.

They got cash fo Snapnames and Moniker that they will need to pay Monty in his lawsuit.

Adam

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess what I am suggesting mainly is the of the industry itself.
First domain valuations, sales, then parking as a whole, then some registrars and drop/auction houses getting traded around like used cars. Makes you wonder what is the next lego to drop. While some areas in the industry seem to be improving, it obviously isnt improving fast enough to prevent other areas from being damaged. And after reading Ron Jackson's State ofthe industry J2012, it would seem the future is rather sweet-n-rosy. But, (I know it has been only one month so far, but prior years first months' records considered) at DNJournal 2012 sales YTD only show 5 sales over 50k$, with the top two not crossing the 150k$ mark. Comparitively to past years, a very dismal start of the sales year (that were published of course). Interstingly I get the sense that everyone is waiting for ICAAN to start approving those new .anything extensions, with the hope of the failure of that, in order to boost the value of the .com's they are holding.

I just really dont see that happening, whether the new tld's fail or not. I am not complaining really but I dont see much room for growth in this industry currently standing, consolidation pulling in the assets of, as you suggested, poorly run companies, is not a positive for the industry as a whole and benefits few. I feel there are some really innovative persons out there trying to find new ways to service the industry with truly unique ideas and products that may help to turn this industry around. But when a company tries to be a one-stop-for-everything shop, it doesnt often work well for the customer. Especially without the benefit of sufficient competition.

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...And after reading Ron Jackson's State ofthe industry J2012, it would seem the future is rather sweet-n-rosy. But, (I know it has been only one month so far, but prior years first months' records considered) at DNJournal 2012 sales YTD only show 5 sales over 50k$, with the top two not crossing the 150k$ mark. Comparitively to past years, a very dismal start of the sales year (that were published of course)...

Keep in mind that Ron's sales reports miss most private sales, and doesn't include many of the overseas venues, like 4.cn, which are doing very well these days.

sevent

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which the reason for this,...

Of course. Didn't mean to imply that you weren't aware of that.

My point is that I see huge growth in domain sales and values of certain types of names, just not the ones we tend to focus on here in the developed West. So in the US and CA and the EU we get consolidation and stagnation as saturation is reached, but in other parts of the world there are lots of new companies entering the domain space and thriving, they just don't show up in our "mainstream" sources.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just halvarez portfolio... :pound:

yep they are fiddling wankers as i asked them about all the domains i lost halvarez and they said they cannot release them because ive legal issues,what a load of bollox...

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My point is that I see huge growth in domain sales and values of certain types of names, just not the ones we tend to focus on here in the developed West. So in the US and CA and the EU we get consolidation and stagnation as saturation is reached, but in other parts of the world there are lots of new companies entering the domain space and thriving, they just don't show up in our "mainstream" sources.

moniker was specialized in the u.s. market
so this acquisition is not about these "new" markets

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom