Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

killobama.com <= Brave Registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Of course this thread is interesting in the domain realm, but let us not let the political forum bleed into this forum.

For simple reference,..

Threatening the President of the United States is a class D felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871. It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States". The United States Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the President.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threatening_the_President_of_the_United_States

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
There is no benefit for the namecalling and posturing here in this thread,

The benefit is called "Payback" for the 8 years these a-holes demonized Bush and Cheney, many of which posted they wished each of them dead.

F**U**CKobama.com is morally better, though it is a little profane.

I agree, but I like profane when it comes to a President who has F**ked America for the past 3 years, I find it quite fitting...

Are were all supposed to keep quiet and not say anything? Not register a domain that objects to him and his reckless policies?.. NOT happening :no:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are were all supposed to keep quiet and not say anything? Not register a domain that objects to him and his reckless policies?.. NOT happening

I dont think that is the purpose of the section of law that addresses such issues.

Everyone in the USA is protected to allow free speech.

But this domain falls directly within the part of the law the Secret Service deals with.

It is interesting to note that a full 75% of persons conveying threats by communication or publication that are investigated are deemed mentally ill.

But seriously Raider, your difficulty in not making this a political forum is why the DNforum political forum became such an issue in the not so distant past.

Sometimes, it's just about a domain name, ya know?

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The same dicks who have a problem with this domain are the same ones who had NO problem with anti Bush domains, many that directly threatened the president..

Typical HYPOCRITES.

It's equally wrong which party the Pres is with, makes zero difference if Repblican or Democrat, and no matter about the site content

Donald Aquilano

DON.ME
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Of course this thread is interesting in the domain realm, but let us not let the political forum bleed into this forum.

For simple reference,..Threatening the President of the United States is a class D felony under United States Code Title 18, Section 871. It consists of knowingly and willfully mailing or otherwise making "any threat to take the life of, to kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States". The United States Secret Service investigates suspected violations of this law and monitors those who have a history of threatening the President.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threate..._United_States

Mark you proved my point.

The class D felony doesn't apply here because there is no threat to take the life of,kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States

It says right on the website " Kill the Obama presidency by voting for Ron Paul 2012".

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All very valid points on both sides of the table... this is not a very tasteful Ron Paul campaign poster or name despite it's intentions. It would be wrong no matter the party affiliation IMHO. It was wrong for left to defame Bush the way they did no matter how you feel about Bush. It is just as bad doing this to Obama.

In life and everything raider their is a right and wrong way to convey a point or to do something. If you remember you and I are in sync politically in many ways. I think this was done in poor taste.

You know guys.. we have freedoms to do or say anything... however it should be done with in good judgement and character.

Vincent

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mark you proved my point.

The class D felony doesn't apply here because there is no threat to take the life of,kidnap, or to inflict bodily harm upon the President of the United States

It says right on the website " Kill the Obama presidency by voting for Ron Paul 2012".

Oh boy, we're getting into law and politic.

The word "kill" is just harsh. It's even worse than calling someone a "terrorist". The domain itself should be confiscated by the authority.

If I were Ron Paul, I would call out that particular supporter to take down that name. Doing so will only enhance his chance of getting elected.

We're not sure if the site owner has any association with Ron Paul or Ron Paul is ever aware of such site. That doesn't stop the public from associating Ron Paul with killing. That's just my opinion.

I think the intent of the op is to point out how absurd/daring someone would made such site. Hope it doesn't turn into a political thread. We can't blame Adam for taking down the political forum. When such subject hits, it always brings chaos and distracts us from our goal.

We're here to DOMAIN (not sure if grammatically correct). So, I must zip my mouth from this point on.

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just because someone put the Ron Paul tag on it doesnt make it from Ron.Paul or affiliation.

The keyword "kill" is quite explicit. No question about it.

I gotta feeling the Secret Service will be making that determination anyway.
Not my call how it's ends up being determined by the feds. Just expressing my opinion on it.

Lets wait for it to show up in the release I suspect will be forthcoming fairly soon.

They will be investigating the individual and monitoring them for the remainder of their life, that is not questionable.

Hope it turns out well.

radioz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
'KillBush' is owned in the .com, .net, and .de extensions. 'Kill' or 'DeathTo' names are highly inappropriate to say the least. You could, seemingly, buy 'KillBush' tee shirts per a Google search. The 'KillObama' site seems to be intentionally alarmist and is not seemingly calling for harming him personally. I doubt that Ron Paul approves of this site if he knows about it. Your political slant shouldn't matter. All of this is wrong.

Just because you can do something doesn't mean that you should. A couple of years back a prominent domainer bought the name of missing area student (after the story aired on Dateline) and monetized it. She was later found hacked and beaten to death in a remote field by a farmer preparing for spring planting. It is still an unsolved crime. I get a list from him and he had another similar name for sale very recently. Domainers (and others) need to have some sense of ethics and decency.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
But this domain falls directly within the part of the law the Secret Service deals with.

If the web page promoted violence or a threat to Obama, I would agree with you.. But it doesn't :no:

But seriously Raider, your difficulty in not making this a political forum is why the DNforum political forum became such an issue in the not so distant past.

You'll have to go back to a particular Mobi thread to figure out why and when the P section became a issue... I won't get into it now because it's irrelevant, but anytime you want to know, just ask.

and who ever else owns a name with the word obama in it they know who you are also.

I can honestly say that I do not own and never registered any domain that referenced Obama... Oh wait, I take that back, I did register LiberalTurd.com

'KillBush' is owned in the .com,

Owned by a Domainer, A Liberal no doubt.

Last edited:

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Time will tell.

And no, I dont reference threads here in that regard. Opinions change and that is life. Especially for domainers.

Tell it to the feds. I am sure they will understand completely.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider said:
The same dicks who have a problem with this domain are the same ones who had NO problem with anti Bush domains, many that directly threatened the president..

Typical HYPOCRITES.

Today, 06:21 PM
Poker said:
List them Raider, since you are so sure they are the same people. You must know who they are. Just list the people from DNF that had no problem with domains targeting previous admins "that directly threatened the president".

Anyone else NOT surprised she can't back up her character attacks with proof despite having more than two hours to do so and having posted twice in this thread herself in the interim.

Instead of addressing the point of the thread like everyone else she'd rather hijack it and turn into a politically charged democratic bashing fest...same old lame song and boring dance.

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
At first glance I thought it was an LSU fan site typo...I did not check out the site. I say...Roll Tide.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looking at whois, this domain was registered way back in Feb of last year. http://whois.domaintools.com/killobama.com
I guess whoever registered it was at least smart enough to get whois privacy.
There is no WHOIS privacy in the world that this registrant can hide behind if the Secret Service thought they should take action.

---------- Post added at 12:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

Additionally, if it is a citizen outside the US there really is not much that could be done...clandestine ops are not out of the question.

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

Instead of addressing the point of the thread like everyone else she'd rather hijack it and turn into a politically charged democratic bashing fest...same old lame song and boring dance.
Yup.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone else NOT surprised she can't back up her character attacks with proof.

I don't feel the need to prove anything to a member I have NO respect for... Even if I did, I know you well enough that you would NEVER acknowledge you were wrong. let alone that I was right, Your ego is just too damn big... Common disease among Liberals.

I still remember the thread you created in 2007 about Rush Limbaugh, the one where you posted a complete fabrication.... A LIE I called you on, and when the transcripts were posted as proof, you resorted to accusing Rush of EDITING those transcripts, something you dreamed because you didn't have the balls to admit you were WRONG. And you also challenged me to prove the callers name and when I did just that, you never replied to the thread, instead you ran away like the coward that you are...

http://www.dnforum.com/f254/limbaugh-loser-thread-252089.html

You even promised to provide Rush's original statement, you had 5 years to back it up and you never did.

And now your demanding that I back up what I posted?

Seriously STFU

What I posted is factual, End of story.

Last edited:

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their is a lot of hate and ego in this forum... bwhahaha crazy.. please I didn't post this as ammunition to defame one another for having different beliefs. No need to personalize this topic of who is right and wrong.

The topic is "Brave Registration" like... wow what balls on the crazy that registered this name I stumbled upon. Maybe a domain trader exploiting politics or one of the Ron Paul crazies who have famously thought out of the box this election season which they have been getting a lot of publicity doing. Bound to happen when you publicly on a late night talk show say you support nationwide approval of medical marijuana in so many words. Your bound to have the crazies come out and do some crazy antics.

This topic is about the brazen shock value of this handreg and how it takes a lot of chones or ego to register a name like this when it likely got red flagged the moment they typed it in the registrar.

What do you guys think this was a domain trader that fliped the name to a RP supporter.... or a RP supporter that is very brave.... who knows maybe a person from the Obama camp secretly put up this page to make RP look bad?

Lets talk about these questions and not defame one for political views or personalize for ammunition for personal attack.

---------- Post added at 04:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:11 AM ----------

can we stay on topic please...

Bill F.

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look like killbush was once registered in most major extensions. All but the net and com have dropped.
Tasteless, but not something the government should get involved in. The US is enough of a police state already without clamoring for more.

Looks like all the kill****.com domains are available for the major Republican candidates. Time to jump on this rare and exceptional opportunity to corner the market.
But if you really want to stay ahead of the curve, and not be obsolete in 4 years, killthepresident.com is registered at Fabulous and listed for sale at a mere $375.

Killrush.com is taken. Killclinton.com is available.

And most surprising of all, killbobparsons is taken in ALL major extensions. All by Godaddy apparently. Wonder if he's planning a run for president?

tldrental

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Look like killbush was once registered in most major extensions. All but the net and com have dropped.
And most surprising of all, killbobparsons is taken in ALL major extensions. All by Godaddy apparently. Wonder if he's planning a run for president?
BWHAHAHAHAHahahahah hahahh aaaaa aaa a

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Raider, you are simply a miserable human being with nothing of value to offer this forum any longer. Everyone here but you is aware of that.

You consistently pile destraction upon destraction in an effort to back out of your idiotic statements. In fact, that appears to be your only consistency in this community.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom