Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Launch of the Yahoo! Publisher Network Beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I setup my ads and looked at them for about half hour. Looks like it's a bit slower than Google as far as matching the content right away. Although, that could because of a number of other factors as well and I shouldn't label them like that, but it is interesting.

I see Balance transfer to your overture account is in this version. However, the only other payment method is via snail mail check.

Domain Days 2024

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yep, agree ads are not showing here in Alberta, Canada either, so if its geo targeting, Yahoo must be sending it out of this world. lol

Mr.Domains

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yup, not only are they limiting their service to US residents, but it looks like they're only displaying the ads to Americans as well! Seems a bit short-sighted if you ask me...

namewaiter

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ads not showing in Ohio either, i think they just aren't showng at all

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am also in a western state and no ads show here on blarian's site pages, including the front page.

Guessing Y has limited advertisers so they need to limit the number of impressions to conserve inventory so that is why they are using geo-targeting. It's possible the ads only appear where Blarian lives.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see ads at: http://www.actorsforum.com/thread171.html
in between the first and second post...

I really, really wish to try this service, but being from Canada, I can't apply (at least not yet).

Is it like Adsense in that once your account is approved you can put the ad code on any page on any site?

unholy1

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see the Ads and I'm not in the US or the Continent for the matter.

Each thread I open mostly has the Ads for "Network for Good", "Global Fund for Children", Minority Scholarships", and "DonorChoose". In short I get fed Ads from different sorts of charity organization, and actually 80% of the Ads I've seen are .ORG's. :evil:

I'm in the Middle East BTW.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ads are showing up on actorsforum.com for me (http://www.actorsforum.com/thread264.html) and I'm from Germany. So they show their ads not only to US residents, I think. However, I'd like to get a Yahoo! publisher account, too, but they only accept people from the US at the moment. Hope they will expand their program to international users soon.

checknme

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
After being very patient, I have yet to see Yahoo ads on any of my sites I implemented the tags on :/

Switching back to Google for the time being.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can't say I'm too happy with the results so far, but then again I haven't even had it live for 24 hours yet.

Blarian

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It looks like they are starting to match my content a bit better today. I'll post how it goes when I see any change... I also have to re-read the TOS a few times and see what I can or can't divolge as far as stats.

slavahosting

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
finally got problem resolved posted ads on a phpBB forum, the ads seem remotely relevant based on initial look, but the same four ads are shown on all pages of the forum, including home page, member registration, all posts and threads I checked, the forum shops, and bank.

So I guess content is relevant to home page or something.

Nova

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've checked every link to actorsforum.com posted here, surfing from the US, and the only ads appearing have been "Ads by Goooooooogle."

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so anyone making any money yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom