Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Lawyer trying to strong arm me for my domain name !!! Need advice!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update : my attorney told me that the AIBA is not going to give me a dime!!!! my attorney said i can turn it over to them or proceed with the courts! what do you think i should do ?? should i give it up?? let it expire ?? or private register or transfer to someone else?? can they take my other domains or cash from me ??? My friend is not a domain attorney ! but he was cool just to fire off a letter to them! need advice! and help thanks !

Do not consider this to be legal advice.

The whole "we won't give you a dime" attitude is their way of saying they'd rather spend money fighting you in court than pay you off. Of course, if you win in court, then by force, if they want to the domain, they'll have to pay up.

I know what the domain is, and in my opinion, it's worth fighting for (pardon the pun). However, the way you've presently got the domain set up, I think you're setting yourself up for trouble, as PPC ads are showing up and are displaying what could be deemed to be competing ads.

There are a number of ways you can establish "fair use". But I would encourage you to act fast before this turns into a legal blowup.

With that in mind, should they try to nail you for trademark dilution and the like, there is a possibility that they can come after your assets to include domains and cash.

This is definitely something you should consult with an attorney about. Send off an email to Karen Bernstein (http://karenbernsteinlaw.com/) - tell her that Maxwell says hi. She really knows what she's doing in this respect and I think she could be quite a valuable resource in terms of giving you a hand at keeping this domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom