Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond
Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, it's not a mass exodus like I did last year after the "situation" with 1&1 but a few thing really irk me with GoDaddy so I've started to transfer some of my names out (I'm mainly transferring the names that I use (developed) to Moniker).

• 7 pages of suggested add-ons just to renew domains. Sorry, I didn't want these with any of the other 200+ domains I have with GD - why would I want them now?
  • 45-60 second freeze time whenever I pull up all my domains or sort the list - it locks ALL FF windows and tabs, not just the one pulling up GD. If you think this is not an issue, do some renewals and DNS work.
  • 3 minutes just to get an auth code - I started timing when I clicked on the domain and ended it when I was back at my domain list sorted the way it was (by expiration date).
  • New window or tab popping up whenever I go to the My Domains screen. Try doing some email, DNS, locking, and forwarding work. Next thing you know you'll have 20-30 tabs and windows open.
  • Some of my names I had with Parked or Sedo are now on GD's parking servers. It's only one or two but still...
  • The site is extremely slow most of the time - even while I'm at work.
I've mentioned some of these before but they are still in existence. The only real improvement I've seen is the "express buy" but that only allows you to register one domain at a time.

The sad thing is that this is how things started to degrade with 1&1 until I got burned by them (I would think GD doesn't do that).

JohnNapoletano

John Napoletano
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...I'm mainly transferring the names that I use (developed) to Moniker...

I feel that they all suck! Something good at one is always offset by something else bad. I use Godaddy but as I buy domains here on DNForum the sellers are requiring me to open accounts all over the place for an easy "push."

What is the price difference at Godaddy vs. Moniker? (.com domain reg + privacy) Don't forget about all the Godaddy discounts you get if you pay attention to the 10%, 15% and 20% emails they send you, plus discount domain club. That's hard to beat.

I was once fooled into thinking that privacy was free at Moniker, it's not so I almost moved to them. First registrar to offer "free privacy" with .com registration and I'm there. Such a waste of money, should be free anyways.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Theprice was $8.02 per domain (.com and a .info) plus a $2.25 "handling fee" for the 7 domains - so we're looking at about $8.40 each, not bad considering GoDaddy is $7.20 with the lowest code you can find ($6.99 _ $0.20 ICANN fee) - most are around $7.50 (total) now for the best GD codes.

Moniker has beocme very competitive revently. I don't use privacy so that doesn't bother me (the only registrar that I've dealt with that gave free privacy was 1&1).

Melly

Pink Lover!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hate registrars haha if I could put my domains in a sock and hide it under the bed I would prefer to do that.

Godaddy annoys me with the zillion of pages you go through to actually checkout and yea the popup trying to get to your domains takes forever. I always lag while on GD.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Enom is a simple ways to manage your domains. I'm using them for the last 8 years now and lots of happy business partners. Of course I have my account with Godaddy and Moniker as well.

Cheers.

tetrapak

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got used to Godaddys suggested addons and whatnot, the only thing I REALLY hate is that they keep the money from failed transfers, and the customer needs to spend time to get a refund, this is really pathetic. Otherwise I'm fine with them, in many aspects it is not the best, but overall it is in the top..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I love GoDaddy auth codes :D and the fact that a transfer away can be completed the same day.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dynadot is the way to go..trust me.

Godaddy and their 60 day locks, Enom and their 7 day locks..they all suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom