Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Legal question

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an email from someone who said they have a trademark name for just over 5 years now and they want my domain name. Funny thing is I registered the domain name 10 years ago and they didn't even exist.

They are claiming they have a trademark on the name but when I do a search I can't find it anywhere in the http://tess2.uspto.gov/ trademark search area.

Now here's my question they are threating all legal avenues regarding this and are thinking that since a domain is parked and not being used they have rights to it.

I thought if you own a domain name and a trademark is issued after the fact you should be fine. Second just because someone has parked a domain does not mean bad intention it could be that they have other things they are doing... Any feedback would be great...

The guy offer a few peanuts for the name and clearly it's worth a lot more...

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is one point to consider: the name is parked. Does it display sponsored links to their competitors ?

DomainSpace

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was parked going nowhere... As for the trademark I just did a search at USPTO (TESS) Trademark Electronic Search System.. http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/gate.exe?f=searchss&state=4010:anj9cr.1.1

The name is and without spaces came up
No TESS records were found to match the criteria of your query.

The person is just trying to bully me and reverse hijack my name. They don't even own any of the other extensions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom