Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Let’s stop scammers once for good: Welcome MoneyBookers, Goodbye PayPal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear friends,

During the years we have seen on multiple occasions how PayPal transactions have been manipulated at the expense of many honest domainers.

PayPal refused (and still does) to solve the problem and most of the times we rely on luck or the other person’s past feedback.

This has created a constant downturn in the amount of transactions and an increased risk that in our business should no longer be tolerated.
On the other hand, scammers have been prospering and laughing at us, scamming many of us, sometimes even expert people. All of this, is mining our reputation (non-domainers may confuse the honest domainers with scammers) and I don’t like to deal in an unclear business environment.

We can use the services of MoneyBookers and be risk-free on both sides.

“NO charge back risk for merchants”

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=m_fraudcontrol

So what are you waiting for? You should NOW (not tomorrow) go to www.moneybookers.com and open an account and fund it as soon as possible.
MoneyBookers offers also an extremely cheap escrow service and has an affiliate program if you want to go that way to promote it. (I’m not employed by them and am not advertising any affiliate code here).

Starting today, I NO longer deal with PayPal, nor will I be willing to waive this decision for anyone.
I firmly believe that we can change this bad habit in a few days (that’s how long it takes to fund a newly open MoneyBookers account).

Like for the “restaurant rule”, if we get going, all domainers will join this no-brainer change.

For the past couple of years, I got all the excuses of this world:

- I can’t open one (why? No answer…)
- I’m a friend of…
- I have a good transaction history…
- I don’t have the time to open one…

Enough is enough.

I don’t care if its laziness or any other excuse, if you want to do business with me, whether you are a newbie or the most famous domainers in the world, please OPEN a MB account NOW.

Please, copy and distribute this message to as many domainers you can as fast as you can.

I would also take the chance to ask to the DNForum staff if they could support this, by making this thread sticky for a while and/or move it to the most appropriate section.

Thank you

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Also, MB is growing:

Moneybookers is one of Europe’s largest online payments systems and among the world’s leading eWallet providers, with over 13 million account holders. The simple eWallet enables any customer to conveniently and securely pay online without revealing personal financial data, as well as to send and receive money transfers cost-effectively by simply using an email address. Moneybookers’ worldwide payment network offers businesses access to over 80 payment options in over 200 countries with just one integration. Already more than 60,000 merchants use Moneybookers’ payments service, including global partners such as eBay, Skype and Thomas Cook.

Moneybookers was founded in 2001 in London and is regulated by the Financial Services Authority of the United Kingdom.

In February 2010, The Sunday Times Microsoft Tech Track 100 league table ranked Moneybookers 1st as the fastest growing technology company in the UK based on sales growth. Moneybookers was also recognised for the quality of its management, international expansion and growth strategy with two awards at the 2009 UK Media Momentum Awards.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AFAIK there is one circumstance in which Moneybookers can still 'claw back' the money: when the purchase was funded using a hijacked account/credit card.

Paypal may suck but it depends on which side of the fence you're on. When you are the buyer, it's reassuring to know you can dispute the charges.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If MoneyBookers was perfect (which it isn't), a mass migration of domainers to MoneyBookers would not help anyone.

With due diligence, and a bit of common sense, paypal is perfect. You are sending money to someone you do not know - either way there is a slight risk, regardless of the medium.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think it is quite worthwhile to read the TOS.

No company in their right mind(s) are going to absorb such a loss.

3.8 You acknowledge and agree that disputes between you and your Customers shall be resolved between you and the Customer directly and that Moneybookers shall not be obliged to become a party to any such dispute.

5. Refunds

5.1 You are required to maintain a fair policy with regard to the return or cancellation of goods or services and adjustment of Transactions and must send us a copy of the policy if we request it.

8.Chargebacks

8.1 You may receive a Chargeback from a Customer or a Card Association for a number of reasons under the Card Association Rules. The following are some of the most common reasons for Chargebacks, but in no way is this intended to be an exhaustive list of possible Chargeback reasons:

* 8.1.1 Your failure to issue a refund to a Customer upon the return or non-delivery of goods or services;
* 8.1.2 A required authorization/approval code was not obtained;
* 8.1.3 The Transaction Data was prepared incorrectly or fraudulently;
* 8.1.4 We did not receive your response to a Retrieval Request within 7 business days or any shorter time period required by the Card Association Rules;
* 8.1.5 The Customer disputes the Transaction or the authenticity of the signature on the Transaction Data or Payment Instrument, or claims that the Transaction is subject to a set-off, defense, or counterclaim;
* 8.1.6 The Customer refuses to make payment for a Transaction because, in the Customer's good faith opinion, a claim or complaint has not been resolved, or has been resolved in an unsatisfactory manner.

8.4 You also agree to pay any and all Card Association fees and fines assessed against you, us, the Sponsored Agent or the Member relating to your violation of this Agreement, or the Card Association Rules with respect to your acceptance of Payment Instruments, your Transactions or with respect to excessive Chargebacks under this section.

8.5 You have full liability if any Settled Transaction for which we have given your Settlement Account provisional credit is the subject of a Chargeback. Subsequently, you may resubmit applicable Transaction Data for a second presentment, but only in accordance with Card Association Rules. To the extent that we have paid or may be called upon to pay a Chargeback, refund or adjustment for or on the account of a Customer and you do not reimburse us as provided for in this Agreement, then for the purpose of our obtaining reimbursement of such sums paid or anticipated to be paid, we have all of the rights and remedies of such Customer under applicable federal, state, or local laws and you authorize us to assert any and all such claims in our own name for and on behalf of any such Customer individually or all such Customers as a class.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes you all are correct. Unfortunately I did not read the TOS previously.

So too bad, we are stuck with PayPal them.

MassPay seems to offer a bit more security if the account is verified.

However, it's very sad that someone @ DNF felt that my thread was advertising.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DexSmart

Level 4
Reaction score
i use both in my payment system. though i hope to co-operate long time, with bith sides!

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another forum member told me that if you send a PayPal invoice to a buyer and specify that the money is for services (rather than goods), it is harder for the buyer to do a chargeback later. I can't swear this is true, but maybe it's a promising lead toward greater seller security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators