Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Lets share what general calculation do you follow to offer a domain price

Status
Not open for further replies.

imneazmh

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm considering to buy another single word domain I like. Few days ago, the seller replied and asked me to offer my max.

Domain Details:
a) Single word domain
b) a dot com off course; 12 other extensions are registered
c) registered since year 1996
d) Google search result shows about 10 million results
e) Google Keyword External reveals that the word has about 200,000 monthly global search

What max amount I can offer? Or, how do you really calculate a domain price when you offer/bid for a domain?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sounds like me (as the seller).

I have stopped pricing domains. I can immediately tell if the offer is from a domainer or a potential end user.

Domainers want to low-ball the hell out of a name...no matter the quality. They also ask for tons of metrics to justify the price. Well, if it was worthless there would not be interest at all. I do not have the time nor the patience to go back and forth taking up countless unproductive hours. I seriously do not have the time to waste on domainers being domainers...low-balling.

My responses to inquiries is simple: Tell me the most, the absolute maximum, you want to pay for the name. If it meets my expectations then we have a deal.

How is this working out?

Well, those that are lowballing or looking to steal a deal or not really interested do not respond. Which is great - not a time waster.

Those that are interested respond and keep the channel open. I have found these to be the serious buyer and end-user. They want the name and are willing to seriously negotiate.

The results of my sales in the past two months are all to end users:

.org sale closed 500% above initial offer, 2500% profit
.org sale closed 25% above initial offer, 6250% profit
.com sale closed 320% above initial offer, 4000% profit.

Both .org's buyer requested non-disclosure which I always adhere to. One of them - I would love, love, love to brag as to who I sold it to. But I can't.

The .com is in escrow right now. I am hoping to report this sale to DNjournal.

Calculating profit: (sales price / amount paid) x 100 = % paid

ie: (100.00/50.00) = 2 x 100 = 200% profit

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom