Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

LinkedIn.com - are you a member? If not then 'Why not?'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have been a member of LinkedIn.com for a while now and I am surprised that so few members here seem to members also. So obviously the question is 'Why are you not a member?'

Basic membership is free, it gives you access to allied professionals and various interest groups, it allows you to gain 'contacts' with those you know and also 'introductions' to those you don't know via your 'contacts'. It just seems strange that members here would not utilize this facility more, especially if looking for possible 'end users' in a myriad of fields / businesses / professions.

If you are a member please look me up and let us 'link', and if you should join just look me up also. (If looking to link with me then please include your DNForum membership name - after all there are just a very few people I would not wish to be associated with for professional reasons.)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a member and it has proven very valuable to me.

I will add you now.

Adam

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have an account for the medical professional business side of things. The emails and alerts I get are enormous, with little benefit at the moment.

Linked In has fallen in usage from what I understand.

I am going to have to suck it up and get onto Facebook in a business format.

For me and my business strategy, Twitter has paid off in a big way. Now, I have clients who are very in-tune to the social network side of things and who live and breathe facebook.

My wife just came back from a nine day conference in San Diego. There were over 1,100 in attendance, many countries represented. Not a single person asked or mentioned Linked In or My Space but everyone was trading Facebook and Twitter account information. My wife uses neither but I think she is about to change that status. I set up a Twitter account for her a short time ago, she has never used it, but she has 1,703 followers just from an occasional post that I make.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
cause i'm para-noyd

and scared of big brother floyd

hooking up the dots to lots of social spots

that society wants me to be part of

as is, it's hard enough in dis biz

to remain unseen and lay low in the cut

while SS's try to get you to sign up

wanting to see your given name

to place a face with the game of chance

mo chances that yo ass will be found, when the time comes

underground no more, unknown not now, or ever for the future

why not, cause i want to be free

follow me, follow me

:)

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am a member too.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
are you a member? If not then 'Why not?'
For the same reasons why I'm not a member of Facebook

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Facebook sucks. Although I am 'on' there and cannot delete my account because I am 'socially' inept, I can heartily recommend 'linked in'. It's good for business.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
after all there are just a very few people I would not wish to be associated with for professional reasons.)
I guess I'm still struggling with this. I know that there are LIONs (LinkedIn Open Networkers), but should we at least have some kind of interaction (like replying to a forum post) BEFORE connecting at LinkedIn (or Facebook, or Twitter, or Google+)?

By the way, you guys may want to edit your public profile URL and get rid of that number string. Mine e.g. is simply http://linkedin.com/in/nameslave.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but should we at least have some kind of interaction (like replying to a forum post) BEFORE connecting at LinkedIn (or Facebook, or Twitter, or Google+)?

true dat!

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry if my diction made you think otherwise, but I actually know biggedon from way back when we were both moderators right here on DNForum.

Anyway, I honestly would love to (re-)connect with fellow DNFers, whether we have met face-to-face (like Adam), bought or sold domains from each other, or chatted a bit online (honestly, probably more than just a single reply). My username is "Nameslave" everywhere.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameslave, I think your diction and English are fine, or at least I am assured of such by others. It is though the cavalier attitude of such senior members to a serious thread that was intended to be an introduction for members to a resource that is freely available and is very useful that is a disappointment. When 'you' used the facility on LinkedIn this morning to look up my profile you did something that others may not yet know about.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameslave, I think your diction and English are fine, or at least I am assured of such by others. It is though the cavalier attitude of such senior members to a serious thread that was intended to be an introduction for members to a resource that is freely available and is very useful that is a disappointment. When 'you' used the facility on LinkedIn this morning to look up my profile you did something that others may not yet know about.
To be honest, I have no idea what you are talking about, even though I'm visit LinkedIn on a daily if not hourly basis. I probably could not have done anything that affects your LinkedIn profile by simply looking it up while logged in. Please clarify.

Bill Roy

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameslave, as I said 'you' looked up my profile, I pointed this out so that other members here who have not used LinkedIn can see that the site can be used for gathering information on others, such as domainers or possible end users. This is an extremely valuable tool, especially considering the number of companies and professionals who are members.

No where did I say you had done anything other than looked up my profile and stated that this is something other members hers did not know that they could do on LinkedIn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom