Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Listing Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

deski2001

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am sorry if this thread is on the wrong room.

I listed a domain name for auction the other day and I always put 'item specifics' on every auction and always stated the name of The registrar of the domain being auctioned.

And on my description I wrote :

Transfer of this domain name is completely free of charge through a "push" to your Current Registrar account, once we receive your current Registrar account ID and email. I will send an email to send the account details of the current registrant.
And also on my Auction terms :
Successful winners will have their domain transferred for free to their own account of the current registrar only
The problem occurred when a buyer confused with the term "My current registrar account" when he thought it was his current registrar,his preference,not the current registrar of the domain registered.
So suppose the domain I auction is registered at GridDomain.com , so the term goes " Your GridDomain.com account" , not the current registrar of your choice.

And also on my Auction Terms, it was also clearly stated that successful winner will have their domain at their account of the current registrar.

Although the buyer claimed to understand the term 'Push' and 'Current Registrar', he still wanted to cancel the transaction. I thought there was nothing wrong with my auction description, I assume that the buyer missed out the 'item specifics' where it stated the name of the registrar and did not want to open an account at other registrar where the domain registered, so he decided to cancel the transaction by creating his own story. And it is obviously that the buyer also missed out the auction term on my auction.

What did I miss?
Any thoughts?

Thank you

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your wording was a bit confusing. Where did you auction it at? Here in the forum, we probably would have understood, but a newbie or someone else might not. Your wording should be closer to:

This domain is registered at (registrar name). Domain will be pushed for free to your account at (registrar name). You can set up an account for free at (registrar name). I cannot facilitate a transfer out to another registrar - the domain must be pushed at the current registrar.

You get the idea.

deski2001

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Your wording was a bit confusing. Where did you auction it at? Here in the forum, we probably would have understood, but a newbie or someone else might not. Your wording should be closer to:

You get the idea.

Thanks 2gajgops for the input.

I listed at ebay where on each item description, a seller has the option to write 'item specifics' which include the name of the Registrar,domain extension, etc, this item specs will appear on the top of the item description, so it has already been stated very clearly where the domain was registered and the term 'Your current registrar account should refer to your account of the current registrar ( the that appear on the item specs)

I totally agree with you 100 % on what you said that a newbie or someone else would not have understood this term and I should write terms and words that anyone can easily understand and do not confuse the potential buyers.

floname

Hopeless Domainiac
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree with 2gajgops; the wording tends to indicate that the domain could be moved to another preferred registrar. Also those indications "item specifics" are fairly new to the ebay platform & could be overlooked to someone scrolling down to get to the description. Always include detailed transfer info in your auctions, if only to remove the potential for misunderstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom