Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Live, Work and Study in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't want to abuse your patient, but... what you think of Australia?

Aside from excellent weather in certain areas and good access to Asia I couldn't tell you much.

I look forward to some .AU input.

Domain Days 2024

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In (most of) Canada you get snow.

In Australia you get, sun, beaches, surfing, etc.

But Canada is still better :)

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
In Australia you get, sun, beaches, surfing, etc.

But Canada is still better
I love sun, beaches and specially bikini babes :cool:

Why Canada is still better GT Web? :rolleyes:

If your a keen skiier or snowboarder certain parts of australia gets snow as well.
I definitely prefer the sun :cheesy:

What about jobs?

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If your a keen skiier or snowboarder certain parts of australia gets snow as well.

You cannot compare the wonderful skiing we have in the Rockies to the skiing in Australia. No offense, but where I go skiing in BC's interior there are always tons of Aussies on their Summer Vacation explaining how much better the skiing is in Canada.

I don't know why you should come to Canada over Australia...all I know is Canada is a great place to love...but I'm certainly biased on the subject and therefore you'll need to do some outside research.

Just as a side point, it almost never snows in Vancouver where I live. It snowed last weekend...and its pretty cold right now, but it usually only snows a couple times a year and the temperatures are usually above zero pretty much all year long.

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude I wasn't saying the slopes here were better, just that we get snow :rolleyes:

Personally, I don't mind a weekend at the snow, but much prefer seeing chicks in bikinis.

octobus

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who said you don't have people in the bikinis in Canada...

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much, I really appreciated. Canada is a very good choice also.

I don't want to abuse your patient, but... what you think of Australia?
Don't go to Australia - I hear they're all crazy :yes:

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm serious, I really need some help... :worried:
Beachie said:
Don't go to Australia - I hear they're all crazy
I like that :cheesy: (specially crazy girls...)
GT Web said:
the temperatures are usually above zero pretty much all year long.
Canada seems to cold for me... here in Portugal we have wonderful weather, and I really enjoy it :cool:

- Australia is on the other side of the planet, it's a bit too far for me to go over there and see what's going on... Aussies, please tell me what to expect when there. It's true that Australia needs skilled workers? What's the heath system situation over there?

Thank you, I really appreciate any kind of help ;)

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK :)

We are in need of skilled labour, particularly here in WA. The climate is nice, although it can be a bit hot in summer for some people (mostly around 35 degrees Celcius, but can get to 42 degrees). The coldest we get in winter is about 2 degrees Celcius at night and between 12 and 18 degrees in the day. The health system is good - I work for the largest medical radiology practice in the state. Private practice is the place to be if you're a physio - we're really keen sports people and we hurt ourselves a lot (watch a game of Australian Rules Football and you'll see).

We're lucky to have a lot of resources here; iron ore, gold, tin, mineral sands, diamonds, uranium etc. so we're in a huge economic boom at the moment (hence the shortage of skilled labour). To give you an idea, we had a low-level IT support position available at the practice for five months before we could fill it. The downside is that house prices have been really high for the last couple of years, but that's starting to level off.

Hal

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Couple more things to consider Vorty.
Australian and Canadian cities usually dominate top 10 cities with the highest quality of life.

Some useful urls:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4306936.stm
http://edition.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/10/04/eui.survey/
http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2006/
http://www.employmentspot.com/features/bestcities.htm

Btw another thing to consider is that Canada is really very close to Europe, only 5-6 hours from London to the East Coast. Also there are many airlines offering really cheap flights to Canada - such as £150 return which is often the price from London to Portugal, but anyway lol.

JoeDev

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I wanna live in Vancouver or Montreal... if someone needs a c# developer call me :)

Vorty

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Great information Beachie, thank you!

Thanks Hal, that's interesting... I didn't knew that. More points to Canada and Australia, I'm definitely seeking quality of life =)

Looking for more points of view... thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom