Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

LLL.co and NNNN.co

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Given the steep rise in LLL.com, NNN.com and NNNN.com (and even LLLL.com's are selling well at auction), will similar domains such and LLL.co and NNNN.co be the next risers?

Some LLL.co and NNNN.co are still available to hand reg but most seem to be registered. Checking some random NNNN.co you more often than not land on a Chinese language webpage.

Even short letter and number domains in the .cc extension seem to be picking up in price.

For global buyers (e.g.: Chinese), the .co and .cc extensions aren't a far difference from the more familiar .com, which are almost getting pricier by the day.

The price rise in short .com domains must be one of the biggest stories on 2015 so far.

Domain summit 2024

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Sold a LLL .co to a Colombian company a couple of years ago. Have a small portfolio of premium LLL .co domains but I am not as optimistic as you seem to be. :D

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Who would have thought crappy LLLL.com and NNNNN.com would be selling like they are today?

I remember here (and you too probably) when everyone was counting down the available NNNNN.com that were available hand reg and posting lists. Holding one of those NNNNN.com hand regs for the 8 years or so would have cost around $80, and can sell fairly easily today for $400+. Should have hand regged boatloads! Some back then said that the sellout of all NNNNN.com was lunacy.

Based on the runup in short .com's I can see a rise happening for short .cc and .co, which already seems to be happening but more in .cc so far. Just my opinion of how the market seems to be moving.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
chinese domainers will go for .com or .cn as their first choice but they also favor the expensive .cc extension which is around 20 per year.

have not noticed that they'll pick .co as their next choice but i could be wrong. have not seen .co domains sell that well in letters, numbers or generics but maybe that'll change as well as .co has no restrictions tho it's more expensive than .com - --happen to be more optimistic about 5N.com than 4L.com as numbers are universal.

accelerator

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In general, I like the .co extension ... just an observation.

domainoid

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
most .co domains are still undeveloped and a successful extension will normally be more developed. higher registration costs per year for .co and domainers going for their own cctld instead of .co have not made that extension a very good one to be in. resale pricing for .co domains is quite low generally speaking and this is after five years it's been around.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators