Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Local Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed after posting a reply that the "local time" was 4:30. I said to myself that it couldn't be that late already. It turned out to be 3:30. I don't know if you have JST set wrong or it's an hour off for everyone.

Upvote 0

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Japan doesn't follow DST, rite ? so JST is always GMT + 9. When California is in ST (Standard Time) Japan is 17 hrs ahead of them for example..... but it changes to only 16 hrs ahead when the US moves to Daylight Savings Time. So at this time of the year you should see your local time in Japan (DNF timestamp) as 3:38 PM (Fri, May 2) as I post this. I always get the DNF timestamp right.... it might've been off by an hour for overseas users at some point during conversion time ?...

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I fixed it. Somehow in the conversion it set my time to +10 and I found the setting to change to +9. It may have thought we follow DST and applied it automatically. I know I had Tokyo set on vB, but this can be fixed by individuals themselves.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that the member who I had a "conversation" with, AM was switched with PM for the local time in his country.

SDX

KXX.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Move to the US and your problem will be solved.

I AM in the US! :) LOL :p
BTW, nice avatar Johnn...I think I've seen your picture on like 5 different accounts already ;)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't understand English anymore.

I think the "Local Time" is still off. Is it showing my local time or the users? I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators