Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Location / Price of Gas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lawpal

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
North Miami, Florida - 3.099 / Gallon

My Car: April 20, 2006 - 11.148 Gallons = $34.55

Miami - $2.859 / Gallon

Wifes Car: April 17, 2006 - 17.139 Gallons = $49.00

I estimate we are spending appx. $175-$200 per month on gasoline.

:painkiller:

YOU?

Domain Days 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chicago

04/21/06

regular gas $3.04

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
93.4p per litre = £3.54 a gallon = $6.30 a gallon in the UK.

What are you guys complaining about :greenrolleyes:

Buy a smaller car to compensate for the increase in petrol (gas) prices.

- Rob

lawpal

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

haynes8

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
North Georgia / $2.99per Gal.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Smaller cars just won't do what larger cars will. I traded in my gas efficient Acura last month for Honda SUV. The reason being is I bought my son a four wheeler and needed something that could pull a trailer on long huals without getting blown off the interstate. In turn getting half the gas mileage. Gas keeps going up it appears I may be riding the four wheeler to and fro. Yesterday $2.76 for regular at the closest and cheapest gas station to me in Nashville. Already spent more than my car note in gas this month.

They say the pawnshops are very busy these days due to people pawning whatever they can just to get gas to get back and forth to work. It's quite amusing that pawnshops are generally known for an addicts quick way of getting cash. And now gas is our supposed addiction. A sign of the times ahead? Thanks GWB.

lawpal

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw that CNN story on people pawning personal possessions for gas money.

As for gas addiction, I think I can deal with that. I don't drink or smoke, but I will continue to drive my car.

rileez

I Blame /.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Port Richey, Florida - To dam much!
Told the wife if I got a Harley it would be cheaper on gas. It worked lol!

daddypi

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MrDude said:
Geesh you will learn to live with it...in the UK it is dealt with and it cost more over here!

There's many more methods of public transportation in the U.K., and it's further developed.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, I saw that CNN story on people pawning personal possessions for gas money.

So CNN wants to convince us that there is a real movement out there of people pawning their possessions for gas money? I think this is a very good reason to stop watching CNN.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think they are trying to convince you that the US economy is not as great as some might like us to believe. The increased price in gas affects the prices of all goods. An example being my favorite little bar in town who has had the same prices on it's beer for as long as I can remember increased it's prices passing on the increases the distributor made due to increased transportation costs.

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One day we will look back and realize just how incredibly hot the U.S. economy is now...and has been for many years. But that economy is heavily dependant on loose and cheap credit. Home equity is a big part of the hot economy but home equity is a very much a product of loose credit.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Exactly. You have a borrowed to the hilt US citizen primarily from over-inflated home values, a borrowed to the hilt US government, a baby boomer generation hitting Social Security age and no real money there to pay those benefits, large US based corporations slashing retirement and healthcare, and increased costs of goods. All those combined doesn't look like a great economy to me. Looks like the smokescreen is clearing and the sh*ts about to hit the fan. I guess the good news is people will be spending more time at home so in turn more time online. :)

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on the problems with the entitlement programs, but not so much on the debt. Being borrowed to the hilt at 5% interest is a whole lot safer than at 15% interest. A period of sustained inflation in just the 7-8% range will make the borrowers look good and the lenders look very foolish. I think China may be very sorry that they own long-term U.S. treasury notes at historically low rates. Those notes could decrease in value by 30-40% in short order.

But back to gas prices, $3.10+ here in the Long Beach California. Realized it cost me $9 each direction to play poker last Friday with my friends in the valley.

JMJ

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
China isn't too concerned they'll keep loaning as long as we're borrowing to fuel

"Using a methodology that determines the number of jobs needed to produce exports and imports, the EPI study found that 1.5 million jobs were lost to lower-wage Chinese competition in the 14-year period between 1989 and 2003. During that time, the U.S. trade deficit with China rose twenty-fold, from $6.2 billion to $124 billion. It is expected to increase another 20 percent in 2004, to $150 billion."

http://usinfo.state.gov/ei/Archive/2005/Jan/12-31762.html

The U.S. Department of Commerce today reported that the international deficit in goods and services trade reached a record level of $726 billion in 2005, an 18% increase over 2004. The U.S. merchandise deficit alone, which excludes services, was $782 billion, also an 18% increase. The overall deficit increased $1 billion in December alone, to the third highest monthly level on record. The goods and services deficit as a share of U.S. gross domestic product (GDP) increased to an unprecedented 5.8% in 2005 (Figure A ). Rapid increases in the price of oil and related products were responsible for 63% of the increase in the deficit. The growth of the trade deficit with China, which reached $202 billion in 2005, was responsible for the entire increase in the United States’ non-oil trade deficit. The trade deficit in manufactured products (net of refined petroleum) increased $46 billion, to $655 billion (an 8% increase).

"Dramatic increases in the cost of petroleum products and the volume of oil imports were responsible for nearly two-thirds of the increase in the trade deficit in 2005. The average price of crude oil imports increased 39% over 2004. In addition, the volume of petroleum product imports also increased 4% in 2005."

http://www.epinet.org/content.cfm/webfeatures_econindicators_tradepict20060210

Duckinla

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's scary but it's not all doom and gloom. Trade deficits with individual countries are to be expected...we all spend our money in different places than we earn it. That would constitute a trade deficit. The overall trade deficit is more disconcerting but from the stats shown it seems to be mostly energy related. The U.S. will have to figure out how to produce more energy than it consumes...which is entirely possible.
The days of the U.S. producing commodity-type consumer goods are nearing an inevitable end. With a hungry global labor market only isolationism could stop this from occuring. Workers in those industries will have to decide for themselves whether they will be moving up or down as a result.
As for debt, remember what Donald Trump has taught us by screwing his lenders over and over again. Loan someone a few dollars and you're a lender, loan someone a few hundred billion dollars and you're a business partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom